Options

Baking With The Q

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Good job Denise!  I have wanted to try baking sour dough in a can.  I have had success baking bread on a stone on the grill.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,435
    Haven't done any for a while, but we were getting pretty good with muffins and scones. Never tried a full loaf, though--nice job!
    Pizza we do frequently, but that's little easier as the crust is so thin it can cook without burning. We brown the top side of the crust first, then flip and quickly decorate so the bottom can cook and the cheese can melt.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @dragonsdofly...many have been showing off there baking skills with the omnia oven...@mandylea... it's very cool too...and you use your stove top!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    I have been experimenting with the Omnia stovetop oven. I use it on my propane stove and inside on the burners. Made bagels and pizza recently. Super easy to use
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    CampsiteGalCampsiteGal Member Posts: 17
    I'm going to add this to my Q too!  Brilliant!
    2022 T@B 400 BD, the T@bacabana
    TV: 2017 Chevy Tahoe
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @CampsiteGal glad you have found this post. Foodie or not, the versatility offered by the Q just allows the incorporation of so many various items into our daily food intake it's just great. We have been full-timing since December, 2021 and the ability to add baking into meals and snacks keeps the routine from getting boring. Try some things and let us know how it goes. Share your twist on your camping menu. We all will benefit.

-Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    jschemeljschemel Member Posts: 79
    I also have enjoyed the Omnia oven. I've made brownies, scalloped potatoes and my chili chicken casserole. All were wonderful. I was so excited that I forgot to take pictures. I did get the silicone liners which makes cleanup a breeze

Jaynie and Larry - Palo Alto, CA - 2015 T@B CS-S - Expedition EL - Nights spent in "T@b Spirit of Holly" 97
    (9/22/19/