Options

Why did you get a T@B?

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Nope, don't want a 400. It's taller than 8 ft, so won't fit in my garage!
    I wouldn't assume it will be exactly the same when it arrives here.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    blueystarblueystar Member Posts: 40

pick my t@b up for dirty weekends away my lady friends love it

• Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Love at first sight!
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    CorbinpiloCorbinpilo Member Posts: 21
    We have hope to part or full time in the future so we would like something with dedicated separate sleeping and sitting areas. The 400 might be a logical next step for us but believe we may end up in a Class B+ or small Class C before then. 
    Chris & Gina 
    2015 T@B S Max Sofitel 
  • Options
    RamrodRamrod Member Posts: 164
    Because it does not look like a travel trailer. Aluminum siding, overdone graphics, 1970's interior...
  • Options
    Spruce1Spruce1 Member Posts: 100
    edited March 2016
    We went into the dealer to purchase a hard side pop-up Starcraft.  On the other side of showroom was a non-current T@b S Max.  We must have spent an hour going back and forth between the two different campers before making our decision to buy the T@b.  The Starcraft was a nice unit.  We felt that the T@b had more comfortable and better quality seat cushions which made it feel like a higher-end unit.  While setting up the a-frame was super fast and easy there was an appeal to not having to do any set up other than leveling which makes it simple to make lunch/dinner and eat on the road. 
    2014 T@B-S
    2019 Honda Ridgeline, AWD, V6, 5,000 lbs towing capacity
    Minnesota
  • Options
    rorororo Member Posts: 7

I've been looking at Airstreams for several months even though I have no camping experience.  I think just the look of it in magazines always pictured in beautiful relaxing surroundings kept me dreaming.  I am also in 'sales' so many times I'm under a lot of stress at work which includes working weekends.  I really wanted a way to 'Get a-way', even if it may only be a day at a time and every once in a while.

Reality was Airstreams are supper expensive and I knew I couldn't really pull it, but I kept looking anyways.  I thought maybe I would buy a very cheap TV, but then again couldn't justify it, especially since I have not really done any camping in over 20 years.  Then I happen to see the T@B with a bathroom and shower at an affordable price and I can pull it?  And it doesn't look like 99% of the other ugly RV trailers!  Wow home run for me!  I can take small weekend trips for a day or two. This is perfect RV for your non-traditional RV'er.  (Is that a word?)

Looking forward to some great and peaceful times....

-Ro

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Great stories @Spruce1 and @roro!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    edited March 2016
    I had just retired. My wife and I had only a few tent camping experiences in our life. Not all that pleasant at that. My daughter in law saw an occasional T@B in her Destin, Fla home area and told us how awesome they looked. We had been thinking we would like to get into traveling about via camper but knew nothing about it. No way I wanted to bite off something massive to tow and maintain. Also we desire to simplify our living style. T@B is classy form of almost roughing it. We went to visit the closest T@B dealer that happened to be in the town my grandparents lived in when I was growing up. London, Ky. We loved what we saw but the 20G + price was more than we wanted to spend. We decided we would if we had to. A few days later we got blessed by finding our T@B used online. An orange 2014 Max S that had been out only five times. Great price, lots of extras and the rest is history. Love it and indeed it's like new. We've spent only 12 nights out so far and it's been great! One of them was our 49th wedding anniversary!  We even boon docked at Wal-Mart twice during travel from Louisville, Ky area to Sarasota, Fla and back (don't stay at Alabaster, Ala WM, stinks and noisey..left early). Really prefer the state park campgrounds and National Parks, COEs, ect. to the commercial cram and jams. We are looking forward to many T@B adventures. Love this forum. It's shortened the learning curve for we newbies. Special thanks to you PXLated and Verna.  
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Good story! And glad you found a T@B, great little campers.
    One correction - Walmart is not boondocking, Maybe dry camping but not boondocking . See what you started Jenn ;-)
  • Options
    Ha! Guess you're technically correct. Maybe could be called "Urban Boon Docking"? A different kind of wild animal habitat at Wal-Mart.
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    Definetly a different breed of wild animals there - stranger tha the real outback depending on the location - but maybe just "Urban Camping" or "Urban Waylaying" :-)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You're welcome, KyBawPaw.

Try boondocking in the same campground as PXLated. No water, no electric, no Dish satellite service (I missed my first IU basketball game for this season). But, I was in the shade of pine trees along the Colorado River, petting burro noses every evening, and having a nice quiet boondocking experience. All for $2.50/night!  That's a great boondocking camping experience.!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna - I'd still call that dry camping as it is a campground :-)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    PXLated said:
    Verna - I'd still call that dry camping as it is a campground :-)
    Sorry, I forgot to check the T@B dictionary..... ;)

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    roro said:

I've 

-Ro

Ro- Where is this picture taken - I'm enthralled - camping with a view of the beach?! Can't wait!  Thanks - Michele
    Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    PXLated said:
    Carol - That just means you need a bigger garage ;-)
    Actually, even if it did fit in my garage, I really don't want anything in the T@B family bigger. The size of my Clamshell fits me perfectly, and as I've always said, if I ever have to replace my T@B, I'm going to keep it simple with no bath, no Alde, no black or grey tanks. It will be pretty much the same as my Dutchmen, but with current Little Guy frame (and current LG building practices)

If hubby and I do start camping more when I retire, we will actually go really big with a Super C, matching enclosed trailer with TOAD, and golf cart, but I will keep the T@B for my solo camping.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    rorororo Member Posts: 7
    The picture was taken in Lake Livingston State Park near Houston, TX.  They had a few spots right on the water which was so nice.  Couple days ago I tried another State Park (Brazos) but didn 't like that one as much.  It's hard in South Texas to find good views since we are pretty much 'flat'.
  • Options
    boo - Aren't you the lucky one :-)
    Scamps are made in MN, been through the factory, wasn't impressed.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Good thread.
    • Dam cute
    • Grief shopping.  :s

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Machak88Machak88 Member Posts: 160
    We got ours bcause t@bs are both cute and functional. We quickly learned how much fun t@bs are to other fellow travelers when they see one on the road, and we grew to love all the friendly smiles, waves, thumbs-up etc that we often get as we travel around with our Tabby
    2014 T@B S-Maxx with 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo, Atlanta, GA. 
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    It was a natural progression.  While I loved my LG Silver Shadow, the bonus of having all the same quality craftsmanship and cuteness AND being able to stand up and change clothes, having a place to sit up comfortably in bad weather (without having to put up a side tent) were the two main things that made me up-size to the T@B.  The fridge, Alde, shower and toilet are bonuses above and beyond that I am slowly "growing into". I took my first T@B shower (with hot water even!) last week while dry camping.  I believe my words after to Verna and the rest of the gang were "that was life changing". ;)
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Lil_L's_Sofitel_15Lil_L's_Sofitel_15 Member Posts: 30
    I wanted my bed & bath inside with heat & air, and my kitchen & "living room" outside. I downsized from a 36 ft one bedroom apartment on wheels & couldn't be happier! 
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,358
    Boondocking, boondocking, boondocking.  I liked the solid workmanship of the T@Bs, extra ground clearance and upswept rear-end of the Outback for getting in and out of more rugged areas.  Appreciate the extra security of sleeping in an enclosure (as opposed to a tent).  The size if perfect for most forest service and other back roads (not too wide or tall like some truck campers).  Love the indoor shower, sink and stove.  Also like being able to detach the T@B and use my truck for errands and sight-seeing.  I've had it five months now and appreciate it more with each campout.  Would buy it again in a heartbeat. 
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition,
    2024 Ford F150 Supercrew short bed.
  • Options
    anitakcheunganitakcheung Member Posts: 3
    PXLated said:
    boo - Aren't you the lucky one :-)
    Scamps are made in MN, been through the factory, wasn't impressed.
    I am deciding between a T@B and a Scamp 16 - would love to hear why you were not impressed with scamp.
  • Options
    I have yet to see another T@B on the road or in a campground. Other than my own I've not seen another T@B except at two dealers. Saw a dealer lot that had a few with some LGs in Crestview, Fla and the other was in London, Ky. I think there are two other Ky T@B owners on this forum. Our rarity only adds to the mystique of our cult, don't you think?  B)  
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    ScottG said:
    Since this has been spun off into a new thread, please allow me to rephrase my original question to a broader audience:

If a larger T@B (e.g., T@B 400) were available, would you want it in place of your current T@B?

If a larger T@B had been available when you bought your current T@B, would you have wanted it instead?
    I love the T@B and we were wanting to custom order CS-S with sink/fridge/counter top instead of the inside bench.  But we are a family of 3 and I can't handle the outside noises that attaching a tent would do so we didn't purchase a T@B at this time.  We will either purchase the larger 400 T@B when it is made or wait until our son is older and then purchase our custom T@B.  Can't wait to see Little Guys version of the European 400 model.  We currently have a 20 feet trailer trailer that sleeps 3 so we can wait.
  • Options
    webcrawlerwebcrawler Member Posts: 133
    edited April 2016
    At 5'-2" the wife just looks so cute in it I could not resist...

Kennesaw, Georgia

2016 Silver/Black T@B M@x S with Scuba Black interior.  2015 Lincoln MKC AWD 2.0L Ecoboost tow vehicle. Tekonsha Prodigy wireless Brake Controller.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    At 5'-2" the wife just looks so cute in it I could not resist...

Awwwwwww. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)