Options

New 400 Model T@B?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Has Pahaque created a tent, awning, or visor yet for the 400?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Hi all! New here after lurking for a couple of years, I've never had anything helpful to offer but wanted to say thank you to everyone who has provided me with invaluable information!  I'm hoping to be a new 400 owner asap so maybe I can be an information provider too.  I'm in the Northwest and dealers are saying they don't have any information on the 400 even though the factory is telling me they can order.  I'm hoping to resolve the discrepancy soon, or head to Seattle to order there- assuming I can get a reasonable price. 

I so appreciate the info from those of you who have actually gotten to see one!  Does anyone know if the 400 has a keder rail?  We always seem to get some rain when camping (I can't imagine why here in sunny NW), and we love having a visor. 

Amy
    2015 t@b S Max

Welcome! As an FYI, the price in Seattle is likely to be a little higher because it costs more to ship it. That has been the trend for T@b 320's.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Hey, I have something to offer after all.  Nucamp must have just updated the website and details, including a dual awning rail, are explained and pictured!

http://tab.nucamprv.com/tab-400-teardrop-camper-features/

Amy
    2015 t@b S Max

No, that's actually the same rail. By dual they mean they have one on each side of the T@b, as they do on the 320 models. 

I have often wondered if someone more innovative than me, could come up with a system that utilized both of those rails and created both an awning and a canopy of sorts that went over the T@b to create a sun canopy. It might look hideous but I have noticed that the XL Visor helps keep the heat down inside of the T@b with it's little bit of shade. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Amy, I did a lot of research before we ordered our MaxS last fall. Dealers west of the Rockies are almost all more expensive then those in the East. We debated between flying East to buy, or developing a relationship with the dealer/repair shop we would be using here at home, so we bought locally. On your side of the mountains Apache (apachecamping.com) in either Everett or Tacoma have nice pricing and some here have bought from them. We're east of you and used RnR-Liberty Lake. Good luck, and have fun!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    kmrotterdamkmrotterdam Member Posts: 5
    It's such a clean and sleek camper. I see the european design aesthetic, and I hope they will be a poplar product for NuCamp.
  • Options
    NWtabloverNWtablover Member Posts: 13
    I've been trying to figure out what the little unit is underneath the shower head with the open grill.  Is that the Alde Radiant Heat Panel?  It looks like when you shower water would go right into it. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I've been trying to figure out what the little unit is underneath the shower head with the open grill.  Is that the Alde Radiant Heat Panel?  It looks like when you shower water would go right into it. Am I missing something?
    Don't know, @skwhee may.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, it is the Alde fins to provide heat to the bathroom. They are designed to be resistant to water or maybe their term was waterproof. It is just fins, no moving parts. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VtskiguyVtskiguy Member Posts: 1
    So I have a delimma. It's a good delimma. I'm trying to decide between a Tab Outback or a new Tab 400. The prices are very similar. I like the extra space and storage in the 400 but I'm slightly worried about buying a new generation since there might be a bit of kinks that the company might work out. I like the outback's pitched axle, but now I hear the 400 will have one too. What else are u getting with the outback? Larger tires, plastic pieces on the corners, and the Yakima rack is all I see. I don't know if there is any suspension in either? The outback can fit in my garage but the 400 can't. Covers are pretty expensive but I would have to get one or build a carport. 

Basically i I see the outback as an amazing trip camper but I'm not sure if I could full time in it. I think I could in the 400.  Although the first model issues....? Delimma indeed.
  • Options
    arelemarelem Member Posts: 5
    My 400 is on order from Sun City in Colorado Springs with a build date of May 8th.  It will take some time to build and then ship out here but I am looking forward to getting a new camper to replace my 2010 Keystone Bullet.  I wanted to downsize from the Bullet and get something that will tow a bit easier with my VW Touareg TDI.
  • Options
    skwheeskwhee Member Posts: 246
    Agree with Verna. There are two ALDE heat sources, the vent in the lower part of the shower assembly and floor heat. 
    Steve and Karen Cullowhee, North Carolina 2008 Ford F150 --2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    Thanks on the shower/heater info. I saw today that the shower unit is the same in the Cirrus truck camper so it must be working ok without water issues with the heater. Also got to try out the Froli system on the bed and it's quite comfortable! 
  • Options
    MrsminiverMrsminiver Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2017

Not sure of the tire size on this 400, but looks ok to me....what do you think? I have more pictures if you'd like me to post them....
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited April 2017
    Good photo. Is that an integrated solar panel I see on the top? If so, what size is it if you know. Stabilizers look a little different as well. Yes, I'd like to see more photos, thanks.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I use an iPad pro....will have to research how to shrink pictures before I post more, again my apologies on the size...
  • Options
    Yes there are solar panels integrated on the top, I love the 400, the bathroom is so much larger than the 320, also has a nice closet. We plan on travelling quite a lot so the larger size is perfect....and not too large, it is very well made...great quality.
  • Options
    Hi all - I've been communicating, I thought, with the factory about the new t@b 400.  Today, I got a response back to a question that was a whole different ballgame.  Apparently I haven't been talking with the right person or people, despite asking if I was and being told that yes, they could answer my questions about the 400!  Here is the response, important for all t@b owners. Note, the email I got the response to was about ordering a 400, not about my current t@b.  I had been emailing back and forth about ordering. 

Hello, Kateamy

Sorry
    I haven't been able to respond. I have written our public statement
    below because some changes have occurred and as such I will not be able
    to answer your questions.

We want to inform you that effective April 1, 2017  Liberty Outdoors (formerly Little Guy Worldwide) is no longer under contract with Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers. 

What
    this means for you. If you have questions related to service, changes
    to the trailer, or customization comments you will need to contact
    Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers or the dealership you purchased the
    trailer from if you did so. Liberty Outdoors (formerly Little Guy
    Worldwide) is still here to support you in anyway possible and if you
    would like any information about the separation or the new changes in
    store for us please reach out.

·  For trailers with a Pleasant Valley Trailers VIN Tag, please contact (844) 823-9112.

· For any Liberty Outdoors trailers manufactured after April 1, 2017, please contact us at (877) 545-4897 and we will be happy to assist you.

· For accessories, please contact (844) 834-5701 or visit www.teardropshop.com.

We look forward to serving you, please visit www.golibertyoutdoors.com for the latest in product information.

Thank you, 

Liberty Outdoors

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    NWtablover - You were in fact not corresponding with the factory. You were in touch with LittleGuy who were the sales/marketing company for T@Bs. The manufacturer is Plesant Valley, now renamed Nucamp. These two companies have gone there seperate ways (recently) so not too surprised LG didn't know much about the 400. If you need to contact the manufacturer (Nucamp), contact info is in the right column.
  • Options
    Thanks PXlated, I should have listened to my gut.  I knew they were parting ways, when the emails stopped being signed by a person and only by the company name I should have contacted the Nucamp contact directly.  I'm also sorry to hear their parting of the ways didn't go as smoothly as they hoped.  I've had great support in the past from both LIttleGuy reps and directly with Pleasant Valley.  I haven't dealt with the 3way fridge hose fix yet, but I'm sure Nucamp/Pleasant Valley will be as great as they have always been on warranty issues. 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    NWtablover - All warranty and repair work has always been done by the factory and I don't expect anything will change in that regard. LG has always been just* marketing and the dealer network which will now be done by the manufacturer (Nucamp)
    * By "just" I don't mean to minimize LGs role, they did a bang up job or none of us would know about or own T@Bs
  • Options
    sherm2954sherm2954 Member Posts: 38
    Someone probably already commented on this (or at least thought of this), but the round windows would look so much better with a shade that wasn't in a square frame. Since it's simply for privacy or darkening, why wouldn't NuCamp borrow the airline industry style of an integrated blind? It would look sleak...and I think that's what they're going for. Just my two cents.
  • Options
    Jo3Jo3 Member Posts: 8
    Their delivery dates of Tab 400 seems to be delayed.  Are they having production issues?  Are the later 2017 exactly the same as the 2018's being produced now?  Wondering if any modifications were made between the later 2017 and 2018?  Much higher priced than Europe version and Company's initial projection of low to mid 20k.
  • Options
    Jo3
    We will try to answer your questions. Production seems to be on schedule beginning with three trailers per week early this year and ramping up to twenty per week by the end of the year per Scott Hubble. Designing the line is not a simple task and includes hiring/training new employees. The prototype that we tested in December was the one shown in Louisville and was different from the first one which was shown at Elkhart. By our count the units on the line last month had 17 to 20 changes from the second prototype. As far as pricing, it seems that some dealers are responding to supply and demand and asking a premium price in these early days of production. In all conversations with Scott Hubble the price was going to be around $30K. 
  • Options
    DebWildDebWild Member Posts: 13
    Question: is there an attached tent for the 400 yet?
  • Options
    To our knowledge not yet. The 400 does come with the keder rail system for a tent. 
  • Options
    Justin_in_SeattleJustin_in_Seattle Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2017
    Well my wife and I are now part of the T@B family. :)

We bought a T@B 400 on Saturday. Our nearest dealer in Everett, WA let us know that a new 400 was in stock so we went to check it out.

First impressions were very positive. The color scheme wasn't to our liking, though, so we didn't buy the floor model. But we did spend about a half hour in it "trying it on for size" -- long enough to decide we like it better than the T@B 400's numerous competitors (R-Pod, Micro Minnie, etc). NuCamp did a really great job packing a huge amount of comfortable, usable space into a fairly compact RV.

Our main concern was room for my 10yo son. He's growing fast, but the front dinette/bed leaves him quite a bit of room to grow. The queen bed at the back has enough space for my wife and me. Headroom is great, I can stand (6'3") in the front half of the 400 with shoes on and not bump my head, including the bathroom.

My only regret is that the refrigerator is a little on the small side. But we won't be boondocking with this RV. My son has school and my wife and I both work, so it'll be mostly long weekends camping in Washington, and the occasional weeklong excursion to Oregon/Idaho/Montana/NorCal. Plus we normally "eat out" a lot when traveling, so the fridge should be fine.

If necessary we'll get a Coleman 12v powered cooler if it turns out we need more fridge space.

Apparently our unit will arrive in September since by all accounts the new 400's demand has been very strong and the factory is still ramping up production capacity.
    2018 nuCamp T@B 400  +  2016 BMW X1 tow vehicle
  • Options
    Justin_in_SeattleJustin_in_Seattle Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2017
    Does anybody know the BTU rating of the 400's A/C? Thanks
    2018 nuCamp T@B 400  +  2016 BMW X1 tow vehicle
  • Options
    10,000 BTU/Hour Heat Pump
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Hey Steve and Karen, just some clarification please.  I understand that the A/C  in the 400 is a Cool Cat, but think that I heard at some point it was just a A/C and did not heat.  Has NU Camp gone with the Heat pump version instead of just the Cool Cat A/C?  We have the Cool Cat heat pump in our current 320 and like it.  I think it is rated with higher BTU than the other units they use in the 320's.  Thanks , Fred and Donna
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab