Options

Baking With The Q

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    OMG.. yummy!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,498
    A Q is on my wish list, probably after I figure out a screen room/awning set up that I'd like. That looks delicious!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    LauraReyLauraRey Member Posts: 338
    Thanks @Homebodyatheart   I really like the little grill.  I've had a coleman stove all my life, but the grill is my go-to now.
    Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    TTTabTTTab Member Posts: 100
    I am still trying to decide whether I should get the larger Q or not.  I will be traveling alone.  @Nomad has the larger one.  Pipe in and let me know which size the rest of you have.  I thought I would want the one with the side tables and thermometer.  I don't see myself wanting the stand ever.

2015 T@B M@x S silver and white
    tv 2010 Lexus RX350 Matador red  
  • Options
    I have the smaller one with the side tables and thermometer, which is perfect for 1-2 people.

Red and White, 2017 Max S being towed by a 2014 Honda Ridgeline.  Hello Mountains!
  • Options
    Thanks @LauraRey That is what I was thinking.  What accessories do you all have?  

• Options
    I have two, half griddles. (I didn't realize you can't use them both at the same time.)  That's it.  :)
  • Options
    OK I will bite the bullet!

• Options
    @TTTab  I've not regretted the purchase.  (I got mine at discount from an auction site.)  I can grill, fry and bake with it.
  • Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    I just bought my Q1200. I can't wait to begin using it and learning about it's versatility.  I've seen so much delicious stuff on this thread.

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    @dmerzbac Congrats!  Post pics of stuff you cook please? :)

• Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    I have a new Q1200 and am heading out on my second T@B outing on Tuesday.  Would love to see some favorite Q recipes or meal ideas!
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    @foxden   I've made cake (from a box mix), apple pie, pancakes, hashbrowns, sausages, hotdogs, etc.  
  • Options
    gbellgbell Member Posts: 88
    Boxed cupcakes and boxed brownies. What a treat while camping.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,452
    edited June 2017
    TTTab said:
    Thanks @LauraRey That is what I was thinking.  What accessories do you all have? 
    I have an older Q100 (the smaller Q). It didn't come with a thermometer, but I added one. I just got the griddle this year and used it for the first time last week--it works well. Other accessories include a small grilling basket (good for veggies) and an "airbake" sheet that when propped up off the grill surface provides a heat shield for baking.

I also have the folding stand. Mine was given to me so I don't know what they cost, but I'd probably pay for it if I had to! Lastly, I added an adapter and hose so I can run the propane-thirsty Q off the T@Bs 20lb tank rather than futz with the little bottles.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    foxdenfoxden Member Posts: 148
    Will definitely try the baking when I am out this week!  @ScottG is the adapter pretty standard?  I like the idea of that rather than the small bottles.
    2017 Max S - Silver/Red - T@briolet -  2016 Jeep Cherokee - Fredericksburg, TX
  • Options
    I used a Camco 59133 adapter. It attaches between the propane tank and the T@B's propane hose. There may be others that do the same thing, but there are lots of similar looking configurations so evaluate carefully.

The Camco 59043 hose allows you to connect your Q (or other bottle ready device) directly to the port on the adapter.

I got mine at Amazon. The hoses are easy to find in stores, but the adapter was more elusive.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    does the hose quick connect?  Can the adapter be left on permanently?
  • Options
    @ScottG I just bought a Coleman adapter and I like the look of yours better. I haven't taken mine out of the package, so I think it's going back for a Camco. The Coleman is a T, tank attaches at the bottom of the T and there is a plastic cap at each end of the top of the T covering the screw in ends to attach two hoses.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @TTTab, The hose connectors are threaded--same as a 1lb cylinder. The adapter can be left on permanently. It has an integrated valve that stops the flow when you remove the hose, and a sealed brass cap that covers the fitting when not in use. I leave the whole thing set up while in camp--however, if you do so you must be careful not to accidentally bump open the gas valve on the Q!

@Homebodyatheart, I'm not familiar with the Coleman adapter. I have seen T's like you describe, but they don't allow you to connect your T@B at the same time, as that is a different fitting.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Here's a photo of the Camco adapter hooked up to both the T@B and the Q. (And yes, the lid of the tub closes without hitting the hose.)

2015 T@B S

• Options
    I have a hose and an adaptor as well.  I just added a gauge to the tank, and I don't think I can connect hose from the trailer to the adapter now...the hose is too short!
  • Options
    Toss the gauge. Consensus seems to be that the screw-on types are basically useless. I think they "work" by sensing pressure, and by the time your pressure starts to drop, your tank is basically empty!

If you must have a gauge, get the U-Haul described here in various other threads. It utilizes an actual float in the tank. Two thumbs up! 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    I'm not sure if those area available in Canada.  I've got the other gauge and will try it for awhile to see how it does.

• Options
    Don't know if this helps, but the tank appears to be made by Worthington (Part #308313). U-Haul sells 'em under their own name for the best price, but there appears to be other sources online.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    I believe Camping World carries them also. (Worthington tanks)

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Bump!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    NHCraigNHCraig Member Posts: 26
    Love this!  For us, everywhere the T@B goes, the Q goes too, so I'll be foraging in Walmart soon...  Thanks for posting.

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @NHCraig, this is an older post that I am familiar with. Since another post has been resurrected about quick, easy, tasty meals, I  thought many of our newer forum members would also love to see this one, as it looks "outside the box" on cooking with your bbq grill. As has been said, "YUM". Enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    @dragonsdofly thanks for bumping up one of my very favorite posts ever! I spent two years going back and forth about which grill to buy because of this post! In the end, I got a light weight $20 CharBroil grill and a Coleman folding oven for my Coleman stove that I cook on outside. It has worked well for me and now I can try some of his ideas while camping!