Options

Washington State East Meets West - Second Annual Gathering - May 17-20, 2018

Comments

• Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    It's with a sad heart that we need to let you know that we cannot make this after all :bawling:  We just sold our house (we're in escrow) to live in a 27 foot Airstream trailer for the next 3 years.  We'll still travel in our T@B and the AS will be our home.  SO...is there anyone who could not get into the event that would like to snag our reservation?  Our reservation is for site #72, arriving, Thursday May 17 and departing, Sunday-May 20th.  Either PM me or dsatwork.  Hopefully, we won't be making a HUGE life change next year!

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @Honutab maybe call the reservation line and see if they can walk you through it. It's still sort of the off season and maybe they were doing website maintenance or something. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Oh @Sandiegogal and @dsatwork I'm glad your house sold, but the timing is unfortunate for all of us!  You know how to get to Washington State, and most of us will camp on short notice if we can. We will miss you both at Lincoln Rock!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    HonutabHonutab Member Posts: 24
    @Sandiegogal...what's your email address. We'd like to get that site although we are sorry you cannot attend.
  • Options
    SandiegogalSandiegogal Member Posts: 127
    Honutab said:
    @Sandiegogal...what's your email address. We'd like to get that site although we are sorry you cannot attend.

Thanks...we're sorry to miss it.  Hubby (dsatwork) is sending you a PM right now

Living in our Airstream, traveling in our 2017 T@B Basic S 
    Married to Dave-aka, ds@work
  • Options
    wernickewernicke Member Posts: 3
    Hi and thank you!  I'm from Portland Oregon, have an incredibly cute turquoise blue clamshell T@b circa 2005.  Not as tricked out as the new ones, but I'm happy to have it!  Will be nice to meet the group.
  • Options
    @wernicke those older Dutchman Tabs are great! I’m looking forward to seeing one in person!
  • Options
    SeaTownTabSeaTownTab Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2018
    Just wanted to check in, is this event still on? We are looking forward to it :) We are at site B-41 now. We will likely get there late-ish Friday evening and stay 'til Sunday morning.
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Definitely still on last count aprox. 47 trailers. I am sure @Homebodyatheart or @2Cougs will fill in the blanks.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    SeadusterSeaduster Member Posts: 147
    @Homebodyatheart and anyone else interested.  I have officially changed my T@B  and forum name from "Aussie" to "Seaduster" in memory of my father and his days sailing throughout Puget Sound, the San Juan islands and points north and south on the west coast.  I've even decked out my T@B in a nautical theme.  I'll be in site 84C.  I look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the newbies.
    2017 white/black trim T@B Outback; 2017 white Subaru Outback; Seattle
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    We'll be neighbors & I'll come over & check out your new theme! What a nice memorial! :) Tally H ;) o!!!!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm gettin' pretty darn excited about our 2nd annual gathering! :joy:
    Definitely looking forward to seeing all the returning folks & meeting all the new ones as well. I contacted Pit Barrel two days ago, & the smaller camping size Barrel (Pit Barrel Jr. ...had to laugh at that one...PBJ. Made it sound like they were gonna send me a sammich!) they offer is on .....back-order. :o:s! I immediately got on the list for when they catch up. Keep your fingers crossed, they said mid May. Expressed my pleadings, so keep your fingers crossed for me! Either way, I'm sure we'll make this work for the BBQ/Pot Luck! ;)B)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    Almost May... Which means almost Lincoln Rock... Which means FUN!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
     =)B)  
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    We're getting close! We are adding some new events this year: Campfire sing-along at Yannis' campsite; and Swap or Sell (bring your excess gear to trade or sell).

When you arrive and get settled in come find me, site 68. You will get a bag of goodies for the weekend, including an agenda and a map of the park and who is staying where. This is helpful in putting names and faces together. The Thursday night dessert potluck is at Dale and Sandi's site, C Loop site 82. The Friday and Saturday dinner potlucks are at Eric's site, site 83.

There will be two donation jars: one to help pay for the meat Eric is BBQing (any amount appreciated!), and a second to offset the cost of some goodies that are being made for you ($10 per site suggested.)

Here is the most current list I have of names and sites. If it's wrong, please let me know so I can print a correct list. Thanks for this, and my team and I look forward to meeting all of you!

2018 East Meets West- Washington State, Lincoln Rock State Park

A Loop: 
    1 HonuTab- Andy and Janey Forum
    3 Wernicke Forum
    12 KonaBob Forum
    15 MuttonChops-Craig Forum
    16 Islandjo-Jo and Cathy Forum
    18 Cindy, Karen Forum
    22 LisaH and Dave Forum

B Loop: 
    39 Nancy Forum
    41 SeaTownTab-Michael and Dena, +2 children + dog/ Forum
    45 David Forum
    47 2Cougs-Craig and Mary Forum
    48 Norgaard- Chris and Cathy   Forum
    49 MortyandDottie-Charles and Dee Forum
    50 Pika-Ted and Carol FB
    58 Trish FB
    59 Catiya FB

C Loop:
    60 Paulette  FB
    61 Lee and Tom FB
    62 Ed and Donna FB
    63 Yannis and Natasha FB
    64 Marceline FB
    65 Jeri and Nathan Forum
    66 Rob and Karole Forum
    67 Deb FB
    68 Dan and Becky Forum/FB
    69 Cookie and Clark Forum
    70 Aldebaran-Jill Forum/FB
    71 DaveC Forum
    72 HonuTab- Andy and Janey Forum
    75 Vikings-Kim and Mary Kay Forum
    76 Jean FB
    80 Lisa FB
    82 Dalehelman-Dale and Sandi Forum/FB
    83 Ericnliz-Eric Forum/FB
    84 Seaduster-Noreen Forum
    85 Birdiejane-Mike and Lisel Forum
    86 Dale (Ms. Dale) Forum
    87 Jerry and Vicki Forum
    88 Alice FB
    89 Paul and Tricia FB
    90 LindaBCool-Linda Forum/FB
    91 Nikki FB
    94 Dennis and Karen FB
    D Loop: 1 trailer, 1 camper: Site 98, Duncan, FB

Getting There: A number of people are coming from the same areas and might want to travel together. -For those coming from the NW part of the State please contact KonaBob on the Tab Forum for a meet up spot. We have two from Bellingham, one from Orcas, and two from Camano Island coming that might want to met up and caravan together. Bob is willing to coordinate this for you all. 
    -Those from Eastern Washington who are caravaning together, meeting up at the Sprague rest stop at 9am on May 17th. -Many are coming from the Seattle area, also Olympia. Chime in if you would like to set a place to meet up and caravan together. (Indian John rest area maybe?)
  • Options
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE chime in as to whether or not you'll be attending. If you need to cancel, please post, as there are a few folks wanting to attend that would love to have your spot if you can't make it! And, as for myself, it will take the guess-work out of figuring out how much I need to bring for the BBQ!!!!! :joy:
    Thanks to all,
    Eric
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited April 2018
     :) 
  • Options
    IslandJoIslandJo Member Posts: 60
     We've got 2 T@bs coming from Whidbey Island on the ferry. We could meet up with the Camano folks or anyone else that's going Hwy-2 in Sultan or Gold Bar to caravan. The more T@bs, the more scenic we'd be. 
    2018 T@B CS-S on an Outback axle 
    2017 Toyota Tacoma with tow package
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    IslandJo said:
     We've got 2 T@bs coming from Whidbey Island on the ferry. We could meet up with the Camano folks or anyone else that's going Hwy-2 in Sultan or Gold Bar to caravan. The more T@bs, the more scenic we'd be. 
    Do you live on Whidbey Island? I am planning to go there afterwards.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    SeaTownTabSeaTownTab Member Posts: 6
    Anyone coming from Seattle / south Seattle area?
  • Options
    @SeaTownTab I'm showing 9 rigs from the Seattle/Bremerton/Poulsbo/Olympia area coming. Pick a place to meet up, post it here and see who responds. You can also post it on the Washington State Tabbers Facebook page. Google maps shows Hwy 2 about 8 miles shorter than going I-90, taking a left in Cle Elum, but it might be an easier drive through I-90 and up from Cle Elum. I haven't been up Hwy 2 in ages, so I have no idea about current conditions.  
  • Options
    LisaHLisaH Member Posts: 29
    We are coming from Seattle but can’t leave until Friday afternoon. Can’t wait to see all the tabs! This will be our second trip in our new tab. 
    2018 T@b 320S Boondock, towed by 2012 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
  • Options
    @LisaH we look forward to meeting you! 
  • Options
    @marceline I do live on Whidbey Island. I'm heading to eastern Oregon after East meets West to go birding otherwise I'd suggest you follow me home.
    @Homebodyatheart
    Hwy-2 has been widened in some areas east of Stevens Pass. There's bottlenecks on the west side because of increased development in Monroe.
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart Depending on the weather we may have a 3rd person with us. If so, we put additional money in the BBQ fund. Thanks for herding the cats.
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    @IslandJo thanks for the Hwy 2 update, and a third person is no problem at our end. I’d like a name so we can add to our list, and also have a name badge ready. Herding the cats is a good description, although yesterday I told a friend it was more like chasing roving jello cubes in the heat! Things are coming together well, and it will be fun!
  • Options
    HonutabHonutab Member Posts: 24
    @Homebodyatheart, Can you change our site number on the list - Andy and I changed our reservations from site 1 to site 72 :-)  Thank you! 
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart My sister Karen is coming if the weather is good.
    Pacific Northwest 
  • Options
    Hey @Homebodyatheart, I thought you said Jello shots & I'm still lookin' for 'em! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @IslandJo thanks for her name! 

@ericnliz um,no, but if that keeps you entertained and out of trouble have at it!  =)