Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I found out that Popper not only liked beer, he likes coffee too! Ugh. Much too young. It'll stunt his growth (7 mo old at 70#). 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 180
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Need ideas - I hate the shelf in my fridge!.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Hmmm, The magic wand lady is keepin' us in check...Thanks, @Verna!
    @Ratkity, Ruger, just over 3 mo. now, almost 40#. Hope he learns to jump in the truck pretty soon! Still a little to high for him. He sits real still for me & I pick him up & put him on the seat. Getting down, he's learned to jump off the seat to the floor & then the ground....whew! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    'Ya never know what to expect......just wrote beer on my grocery list.....looked at it after going outside for a minute....now there's a paw print next to it.....endorsement? :o
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @ericnliz, did you and Ruger have a good time camping (other than knowing now he likes beer)? 

My trainer got my pup to load up in my new truck in a heartbeat. In a couple of weeks, he'll be ready. I'll PM you on the technique the trainer used. Popper loads up without hesitation now. I was so used to boosting my old 3-legged golden that I didn't think about the young handsome boy that was really strong enough to do it himself!

Now... about those pictures..... :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    And ooops, V, I put the pictures of my new truck in the Towing Issue thread. Can you wave your wand and put them here where I should have put them? (I blame it on the pain meds). 
  • Options
    @Ratkity, I'll post about the trip a little later. I have a ton of "stuff" to catch up on after being gone for a week! :s;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ruger and Popper twins? Hoaboy! Then you have your hands full!! It's taken almost 6 months (he's almost 8 mo) for him to accept the cat, for the cat to accept the fact that Pops isn't going anywhere and for Pops to let the cat in the same room with me. The cat even jumped on my lap to get brushed and petted TWICE. The big thing was the cat walked into Popper's sacred crate, sat down and stared at Popper without being eaten lol. No blood was spilled! 

There are so many other things we've worked on that has made him so well-trained for a 7 mo old pup. He knows more at 7 mo than any of my 7 yr old dogs I've had that were therapy dogs for nursing homes!

I can't wait for Ruger stories while camping!!
  • Options
    Next month I'll be doing a 5 day trip to Swan lake with my youngest son & Ruger to spread Liz's ashes at her favorite camping/fishing spot. The conversation about that happened our second trip there, & that's where mine will be as well. I'm quite sure there will be many more, but that will be his first. :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @ericnliz, and Liz will be smiling and encouraging Ruger to even greater puppy high jinks, you know she will.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    @jgram2, I KNOW Liz was smiling from the moment my kids, friends & brothers conspired to get me Ruger! She'll be smiling from the moment he gets in the car with my son & I to go. Her smile made a lot of people happy & still makes me smile every day. Knowing how much she loved dogs, Ruger would be one spoiled puppy by now, that's for sure! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @ericnliz my money is on Ruger already being a bit spoiled!  =)  I can almost hear her telling you “I told you so!” because you’re so happy with him in your life! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    He & I need to come to an understanding that the road to China does NOT exist in a tunnel in my flowerbeds! :o
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Homebodyatheart, I guess my question would be: What were you tryin' to stick yerself to with the black stuff???? :fearful::rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    @ericnliz... sigh...! 

Admins thank you for moving this! I was too tired to think straight last night!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @Homebodyatheart:rofl:, was that sigh because yer STILL tryin' to get unstuck!!!  :o:s=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Tomorrow is Eric’s birthday!  Happy day!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @2Cougs, Thanks!!!!! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Happy Birthday, @ericnliz! Go do something fun today....tell them Verna said it was OK ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks @Verna! As luck would have it, the fuel pump on my Avalanche is going out. I've got an appointment tomorrow to get it repaired. Don't want to take the chance of gettin' stranded somewhere. I'll probably move the T@B & get the old (reliable) truck out to use today. Just can't keep a good man down! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    @Verna Did you just give @ericnliz carte blanche? What possessed you? BTW, Happy Birthday @ericnliz

• Options
    @jgram2, Yep, at my age, 'ya gotta be careful what 'ya give permission for! :rofl:;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @ericnliz, happy, happy, happy! Celebrate n dance to the music! Or some other reasonable facsimile. Enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    @dragonsdofly, thanks, I'll find somethin' to do..., not sure what yet.......
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,486
    Happy Day Eric!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks @SAM! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    Happy Birthday Eric! I hope you have a nice day. Cheers!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    @ericnliz In 19 minutes, I think I’ll raise one in a toast to you!

• Options
    Popper and I wish you a very happy bday @ericnliz!! Pops also tells Ruger to use those big paw and big brown eyes to his advantage. Works every time.

Popper - still doing the cute thing at 7 months old

• Options
    @ericnliz Happy Birthday my friend! With @Verna’s blessing you have till the stroke of midnight to “celebrate”... just don’t lose your
    glass slipper! :hang_loose: