Options

State parks Coronavirus closings

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    ChanW said:
    That's cool, and a great resource for the future.

We had a layover at Heathrow Airport one time, and decided to check the showers. The terminal was fairly sleazy, but the showers were absolutely clean. And cheap.

.Verna said:
    @ChanW I’ve heard the truck stop showers are good, and they even provide target good towels for the showers, too. Evidently, even before Covid-19, as soon as someone finished in the shower, an attendant would go in after you were done, and fully clean the shower so it was ready for the next occupant. 

I did not like Heathrow. Way too any people for my taste.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2020
    Texas governor announced he is reopening state parks (with restrictions) Monday, April 20th.  That part of announcement starts at 13:52 into video below.  Must do 6 foot distancing and wear a mask, and no groups bigger than 5.

https://youtu.be/TVD8WzusM58

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    The Texas State Park opening is partially true.  They are only open to day use, so no camping.  We tried to make a reservation and learned this disappointing fact.  So no, they are not really open.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    JCALD said:
    The Texas State Park opening is partially true.  They are only open to day use, so no camping.  We tried to make a reservation and learned this disappointing fact.  So no, they are not really open.
    @JCALD  Thanks for checking!  Was originally going to hit the web site this weekend. But I assume the bathrooms will stay closed, so bringing a T@B might still be a good idea, if only visiting for day use and some kayaking.

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Has anyone heard if Ohio state parks are taking reservations and what the earliest camping dates might be?
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @dragonsdofly, well, the governor’s orders report camping in state parks only for those who reside in their campers, but the ReserveOhio website reports allowing reservations starting May 17.  Not really clear.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 80
    Vermont has announced they are taking State Park Camping reservations for June 15th and beyond.  Their website says they "anticipate some changes.....".  I wonder what that means?
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    MA closed at least through May 25 and you cannot make reservations at all, even though it looks like you can on Reserve America. https://www.mass.gov/info-details/massachusetts-state-parks-covid-19-update#visitor-centers-and-campgrounds-
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    From the World's End State  PA State Parks website:

COVID19 Facilities Update 5-1-20: Update 5/1/20: State park day use facilities will remain closed at this location until May 8. Family campsites and park offices will open on May 15. Cabins, unique houses, lodges, cottages, and yurts will open on June 12. Effective May 8, reservable boating facilities and select restroom facilities will open in day use areas. As part of Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 mitigation efforts, swimming areas, pavilions, playgrounds, nature play areas, interpretive centers, amphitheaters, Organized Group Tenting, and Group Camps will remain closed. All events of 25 or more people and all public educational programs are canceled through June 15. The best advice to slow the spread of the coronavirus is to stay home, not recreate in large groups, and practice social distancing (stay six feet apart). If you are looking to be outdoors, stay as close to home as possible including your backyard, neighborhood, or local park or trail unless they are crowded or closed. Visitors can help keep state parks safe and clean by doing the following: wear a mask, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly, avoid touching your face, eyes, and nose, cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow. If you are sick, stay home.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 906
    IDAHO: 
    From their website: IDAHO STATE PARK CAMPGROUNDS TO REMAIN CLOSED THROUGH MAY 29: Following Governor Little's Stay Healthy order, campgrounds will remain closed until at least May 29

Idaho Army Corp of Engineers: We had reservations for our favorite campground and got this message- A location closure has been issued for RILEY CREEK from Sat, May 9, 2020 - Thu, Jun 18, 2020 due to Public Safety Concerns...  I don't know if that is all COE campgrounds.

WASHINGTON:

From their website: STATE PARKS RELEASED LIST OF PARKS TO REOPEN MAY 5 FOR LOCAL DAY USE ONLY

I know our governor has said he will not go to Stage 2 of reopening (which includes camping) for 3 weeks to see if conditions are remaining stable.  That being said, they have not cancelled our May 15 reservations yet... so it is a wait and see here in Washington.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    2Cougs said:

WASHINGTON:

From their website: STATE PARKS RELEASED LIST OF PARKS TO REOPEN MAY 5 FOR LOCAL DAY USE ONLY

I know our governor has said he will not go to Stage 2 of reopening (which includes camping) for 3 weeks to see if conditions are remaining stable.  That being said, they have not cancelled our May 15 reservations yet... so it is a wait and see here in Washington.

Digging deeper on the WA website:

Is camping reopening? 

No. All camping and overnight accommodations on state lands remains closed until further notice. Campers with reservations through May 11 will be contacted and issued a full refund.

So they haven’t gotten as far as canceling the second half of the month just yet. Likely they’re taking it a week at a time. At least one person on FB reported that they did give her a refund for East Meets West last week just by calling, unlike MuttonChops who had to both call and email to get them to issue his the week before. I think that’s a strong indication they know they won’t be reopening before then. But taking it a week at a time gives them some breathing space to process refunds, rather than trying to deal with a month’s worth of them at once like they did at the beginning of the shutdown; it also gives them room to reopen sooner if things somehow go better than expected.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    BirdieJaneBirdieJane Member Posts: 237
    We found a private resort open in Washington with special rules for RV and Cabin stay. Sun Lakes Resort

http://www.sunlakesparkresort.com/ we plan to try it if our State Park Reservation is canceled.

Sun Lakes is currently classified as essential and we have confirmed with the Governor's office that our cabins and RV park can both remain open provided social distancing and enhanced sanitization measures are in place. We have implemented strict protocols for protecting our guests and our staff during this time.
    Our protocols in the RV Park:
    • Each site is generally spaced out by 30 feet or more. "Buddy" sites (where both sites share a common picnic area) can only be rented by the same family. Otherwise one of the two buddy sites will be left unoccupied.
    • All RVs must have a bathroom. Our shared bathroom and shower facilities are not open. Each of our sites provides full water and sewer hookup.
    • Tent camping is not available at this time.
    • Coin-operated laundry is not open.

2017 T@B Outback white w black trim / 2019 Subaru Ascent White with black trim / Birch Bay WA.
    aka BirdieJane towed by Quinn
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited May 2020
    WA state park camping now officially closed through at least May 18th. From email:

REGARDING CANCELLED RESERVATION 

The Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission (Parks) announced the closure of all State Park camping and other overnight accommodations across Washington to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. 

Your camping or roofed accommodation reservation at a Washington State Park with an arrival date from today through May 18, 2020 is cancelled. You will receive a full refund and confirmation of your cancellation.

You do not need to contact the reservation center to receive your refund. The refund is automatically refunded to the original payment method within 3 to 5 business days after your reservation is cancelled.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @BirdieJane I'd love to go to Sun Lakes! I do have concerns about traveling "any distance" as it is being discouraged right now. 

@2Cougs a concern with camping in Idaho at the moment is that they only want State residents, or out of state folk who are working in an essential business. There was a large group of golfers the other day at a North Idaho golf course, many were from Washington State. When the folks from Washington returned to their vehicles each had a $500 ticket for ignoring the current rules. Playing golf is not essential. I've got a friend in Montana who needs to come back to finish closing her mom's estate, but if she leaves Montana she will have to self quaratine for 14 days when she returns from Washington, so she wouldn't be able to work for two weeks. Lots to consider that used to be so simple!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 906
    @Homebodyatheart - I'm not camping anywhere this month... except maybe my driveway.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @Homebodyatheart. No one is monitoring self quarantines.   I think that round of golf when from $50 to $550 is hilarious.  

There is a lot of karma going around with people who have spoken out on social media calling it a hoax contracting the virus and some payongnthe ultimate price for their arrogance
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @JCALD @BogieMeister @SubaruLou @wooper
    "texasparkswildlife: As part of a broader effort to reopen Texas, Texas State Parks will resume limited overnight camping beginning May 18. Most existing reservations will be honored, but to prevent overcrowding, manage continued social distancing and safeguard public health, no new reservations can be made for now."

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes, finding the wire runs is the hard bit!  Glad you got it sorted.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I normally like to camp in the mountains (I'd live there if DW was willing), but even if TX, NM, CO open up later this year, the Colorado Board of Tourism is pleading for folks to stay away this summer, and just leave the parks for locals this year.

"There definitely is a resolve within the tourism industry to be ready. To hit the restart button if the conditions are right,” Ritter said. “But I think there’s also an understanding and a resignation to the fact that day may not come this summer."

https://www.eptrail.com/2020/05/13/colorado-tourism-office-currently-asking-visitors-to-stay-away/

Current Travel Restrictions Dashboard:

https://gds.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=2ec42826968d4d0980ccca0fbbfe0c7c&sf122330818=1

• Options
    Ohio is opening state parks for camping May 21. The Muskingum watershed campgrounds will open at that time, too. 

• Options
    DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 80
    Vermont just pushed their state park open for camping date from June 15th to June 26th.
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport
  • Options
    elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    Minnesota just pushed out to June 1 for developed public and private campgrounds, but dispersed camping is OK starting 5/18.  They’re encouraging people to limit their outdoor recreation to distance they can travel round trip on one tank of gas or one EV charge.

There are some lovely Hipcamps nearby that have T@B-accessible spots. 😁
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • Options
    @elbereth - what are Hipcamps?
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @Sharon_is_SAM I believe its similar to " Boondockers Welcome"... There's actually an Android app for them...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    @elbereth, thanks for turning us on to Hipcamps. What a cool site!

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2020
    Virginia state parks (except counties in northern VA) are set to open for overnight camping on 21 May under the governor's phase 1 plan..

https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/covid-19-update

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    elberethelbereth Member Posts: 105
    edited May 2020
    @Sharon_is_SAM seems like similar types of sites as Harvest Hosts, but it’s just pay as you go rather than a membership, and you don’t have to be self contained.  Some even have bathrooms!

@CrabTab I’m almost positive I learned about them here, but we haven’t tried them yet.  Seems like a better idea right now than even a campground - most of the ones nearby here just have a fire ring at the edge of their fields so they seem pretty secluded!
    2018 T@B CS-S Towed by 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i in the wilds of Minnesota
  • Options
    @elbereth - thanks.  Nice to have more options.
  • Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    Thanks for the info on Hipcamps.  Sorta Airbnb for camping.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner