Options

Alde Freight Train (Alde 3010 model)

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    NateColoNateColo Member Posts: 17
    I just finished installing the factory kit in my 2017 320S. The install took just over two hours, following the excellent instructions on this forum.

My home is at 5000 ft above sea level (Colorado). My immediate response after testing with the new kit was WOW I didn't realize it was supposed to be that quiet - no more low rumble, it's nearly silent.
  • Options
    TabbieannecamperTabbieannecamper Member Posts: 32

I have been reading about the hi altitude kit from the factory. Great Info. We have a 2015 320 and it is equipped with the 3010 Alde. I will be contacting Elsie about the availability of the kit. Has anyone with the 3010 unit installed the digital readout monitor kit? I bought it from Alde two years ago and would like to replace the original slide controller. Thanks ahead of time.

2015 T@B 320 S; TV 2016 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Tabbieannecamper, I replaced my analog Alde therms system with the digital display about 6 years ago. You can do it yourself if you are patient. It doesn’t need a specific skill set except Patience, so you should be able to do it yourself. Let me see if I can find my original post. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Tabbieannecamper, I have searched and I cannot find a reference to me changing my Alde display from analog to digital. 

Tools needed: tape, string, screwdriver (probably square drive Robertson), tie wraps (or zip ties), a drywall saw or a Dremel to enlarge the hole in the wall, Patience. 

As I recall, I had to enlarge the hole behind the Alde analog thermostat. Then I dropped a string with a screw from that hole to the bottom of the wall, fished it out of the wall and taped it to the new cable (make sure this end of the cable fits on the rear of your new digital Alde display). Slowly pull the string up until you have the taped new cable at the enlarged hole. Pull some slack out and make sure the new cable does not fall back into the wall. I did not remove the old cable from the wall, nor from the wire runs back to the Alde.

The new cable, as I recall, is longer than the original cable. Use the tie wraps to keep the new cable neat and out of the way of of the water and Alde pipes. Extend the new cable to the location shown on your instructions, making sure to remove the old wire connected to the Alde, taping it and tie wrapping it so it will not touch metal. Plug the cable into the Alde display (temporarily, before mounting the new display panel on the wall). Now plug the new cable end into the Alde. Make sure the new Alde display lights up and seems to work. Unplug the new cable from the Alde, and Mount the new Alde display screen to the wall. Plug the new cable back into the Alde, tidy up your wiring with the tie wraps, and close the under seat plywood and put the seat cushion back on. 

Now follow the directions on how to turn on and set up your new digital display.  You’re done. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Reviving this:  Does anyone know if I can order the secondary regulator fix direct from NuCamp, or do I need to explain all of this to my dealer...?🙄
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    If it is a purchase, contact the dealer.  Email nuCamp to find out the parts number to tell your dealer what to order.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Thank you, @Sharon_is_SAM
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    @4ncar, we did the restrictor fix a couple years ago, and it's been working great so far.  Just camped at 4600 ft for several days and quiet as a mouse. still works fine at sea level too.  
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    ReenieGReenieG Member Posts: 175
    4ncar said:
    Reviving this:  Does anyone know if I can order the secondary regulator fix direct from NuCamp, or do I need to explain all of this to my dealer...?🙄

@4ncar did you get the kit? I just read about this & want to order the kit before traveling this spring to some high altitudes. Do you have the part number?
    2018 T@B 320S / 2020 Chevy Traverse V6 AWD / Phoenix, AZ
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    Reenie - the Alde noise issue does not affect all T@Bs.  I know several 320 owners that never experienced it, even at 10,000 foot elevations.  You may want to see if yours has the problem before going through the time and expense of retrofitting the new regulator.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.