Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @verna, HI there! I noticed you're back in the mix. Are you out traveling, or still putting pieces together after selling the house? In any case, glad to see you back & hope things are well. :)
    (P.S., I've REALLY been trying to behave during your absence, but don't ask anyone...they MIGHT have a different opinion!) :rofl::fearful::i_dunno:=)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited October 2018
    ^^^^ :clap: I'm sure I've behaved. :rofl: Just ask @ericnliz!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    :rofl:, Yep, we hooligans gotta stick together! :whistle:
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    Ooo! Ooo! @Verna, Add me to the well behaved list too! @ericnliz ( Eric, it says so in the manual I read...) and @Ratkity will vouch for my stellar behavior! 

BTW Mrs. @2Cougs Coleman oven worked really well! I’ll vouch for one of the hot cinnamon rolls! Might be on my list down the road. Dear Santa... =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Okay, Okay!  It’s the first extended (but unexpected) break from the forum that I’ve taken in 6 years. I just couldn’t hold down so many things at the same time, so a few things took a back burner, including the forum. 

WOW!  It really took a lot out of me to get the house ready for sale. It sold in less than two days for more than I listed it for, so I guess I did a good job. It closes next week and then I can settle down to my new mobile life. 

Sunny Day is confused. She goes into the house with no furniture, everything smells like fresh paint and new carpeting, and we keep making trips to these two storage units with all of the familiar stuff that should be in the house. She is used to eating and sleeping in the T@B 400 in the driveway since late July, but you can tell she’s confused when in the house. 

I’m camping right now with the 9 year old and the 7 year old great nephews—a break from camping on the driveway.  It’s fall break for them and a great time to camp. I haven’t made a campfire for a few decades, and I failed last night due to damp firewood. Tonight’s campfire was so much better!  Hot dogs toasted to perfection, and I even made s’mores to perfection (even though I had never, ever made them before).  We’ll have hamburgerss tomorrow night since hot dogs two nights in a row is enough!  Their Grandpa will pick them up Thursday and I’ll have my T@B back to Sunny Day and myself, and put back in order ;)

I helped a fellow T@Bber with winterization today and one of these days I may have to think about that myself. Unless I head a few states south and then drive back for Thanksgiving without the T@B.  I’ll fly by the seat of my pants as I always do and I’ll get the winterizing done if needed. 

Back to finishing cleaning out the garage and shed when I get back home, and then to figure out what to do until closing, Then the fun comes!  Footloose and fancy free with so many places to see!

I’ll be back in a week or so....thanks for keeping the light on for me....
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    Yep, @Verna, a light on for you and a seat by the campfire for Larry. Always. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    Congratulations on the house sale @Verna!  Enjoy your great nephews!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @Verna, There's always a light on with a chair next to Larry & Liz! Really glad to hear the house sold & you're on your way to being a footloose, fancy free traveler. Thanks for checkin' in & keep the shiny side up & wheels between the ditches! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    I don't expect everyone to know this... but for the last 15 years at EVERY College Game Day, no matter where in the country they are, Ol' Crimson (a WSU flag) has been seen being waved behind the announcers.  After 216 consecutive times, Ol’ Crimson gets to stay home as Game Day is being broadcast from Pullman!  It is quite a legend for Cougs!🏈
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    Here’s a question......If you are camping in a dispersed campground without electricity at the campsites (lots of solar panels to be seen!), and the power goes off in the community, how do you know the power is off?

1. Worse WiFi than normal, as in no WiFi!
    2. No lights in the bathroom/showers. 
    3. The office personnel are sitting in the dark!

At least there is a back up generator on the water system and on the Verizon cell tower. 

The power has been out since 8 am and it may have come back on as I’m typing this (3:50 pm). I do have 2 bars of WiFi on my AT&Tphone. 

Just a bit of Idle Chit Chat ;)
    Any word on the cause?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @jkjenn, if I remember correctly, there was a power line that broke in a town 10 miles away. That power line fed all points South, which is where is was.  It was actualky cool that it really didn’t affect the campers since it is mostly a solar community. The office personnel took a much needed break!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    That is very cool. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    @2Cougs GO COUGS! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 910
    @ericnliz and Ruger visited today...

he (Ruger) is getting so big!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @2Cougs and @ericnliz how fun! Ruger is so much bigger than the last time I saw him! Such a handsome pup! 
  • Options
    What a handsome guy!!!! Wow, he's getting big. Oh.. and Ruger is right up there with him :lol: Ruger is getting huge! Don't they go from cute to handsome in a second?? <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Hmmmm...Thanks for the compliment there @Ratkity.....I think... :s He's gettin' big alright. I'm helping him fill out job applications so he can help with his food bill! :o Seems like every day he gets bigger, and more handsome. His coloring has changed pretty dramatically in just the last month. He (Ruger) told me the other day that he's gonna send me to obedience classes if I don't straighten up! :fearful::rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Popper (that is a big stick, btw) 1 yo

Check out those teef! That stick is toast.

Oh, hi Mom! CHEESE!

• Options
    @Ratkity Popper is one beautiful pup, too! Our Ryan, the mahogany red standard  Dachshund, is the stick eater of our two. Reggie really doesn’t care either way. @ericnliz  if Ruger finds work let me know! I know two boys who need their teeth cleaned and we got a quote last week! Ouch! They are bonded brothers from different mothers!

• Options
    OMGosh so handsome, @Homebodyatheart!!! What in the world were you holding to get that last picture? Either that, or they are camera hams like Popper.
  • Options
    Gotta love the fur kids! @Homebodyatheart, get 'em an electric toothbrush....can I watch the first go-round with that one? =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    I've found Popper's work skills!!!! Toothpick maker. Just give him a stick and it'll be in tiny shreds in minutes. Of course, I need to somehow to wash off German shepherd slobber off and then sterilize the toothpicks.
  • Options
    @Ratkity...cheese. :rofl: Oh, and ham doesn't begin to describe them! Here's a pose I caught Reggie in one day. He did this all by himself! 
    Mrs @2Cougs can vouch for his character as we camped together with her Murphy and my Reggie a week ago. 
    (My apologies if anyone has coffee all over  their keyboard!)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Bahahahahahahahahaha... Luv it Reggie! OMGosh Reggie, did you and Popper get the same doggie instructions as puppies? <3<3
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Breaking news: a brand new T@G Boondock is a prize right now on the price is right! 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    The Dogs watch it, not us, I swear!

• Options
    @jgram2, You'll have to stick to that story! :rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,432
    So, did somebody win the T@G Boondock?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    @ScottG, You'll have to ask @jgram2's dogs! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Yes! A tiny older lady who almost tripped down some steps whilst jumping up and down with all the excitement! Did I forget to mention the brand new pickup that came with the trailer?

I mean, that’s what the boys told me happened.