Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site! Part 2

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    I use this thread ( and the old #1 thread) in research campgrounds that other owners have visited.  I post my extra, non setup related landscapes and various location photos to point out why I went there in the first place.  I hope that others will find them interesting, and, maybe, they will try the places out, too.
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    Carol:
    Where did you get the slatted blinds for your front window?
    They look nice.
    John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    Last camping trip of the year. French Creek state park PA. Another 320 CS S from Philadelphia and a T@G from Norristown.
    We saw your camper!  We were staying at the Lancaster/New Holland KOA and wanted to check out the campsites at French Creek and saw yours and a a few others parked there.
    A lot of people stopped to take pictures. It’s a neat looking rig and setup.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    I belong to an old Ford truck forum. We have a thread going called “ through the windshield”. Guys take photos through the windshield of where they’re going. Usually showing the top of the hood framed by the windshield. It’s neat to see where guys are going with their old trucks. We get to see other parts of the country.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited November 2019
    cmac said:
    Carol:
    Where did you get the slatted blinds for your front window?
    They look nice.
    That is the standard pleated shade/screen combo on current T@Bs. It must be the angle. That is the screen showing. I replaced the old shades with the current ones a couple of years ago.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    I forgot to point out some important detail about our last minimalist setup when rain was expected & we wanted to minimize what we might have to pack up in the rain for a fast getaway after a one night stay..

Not the best photo, but I wanted to point out the leveling blocks under the wheels, including the Anderson ramp on one side (I also cropped out some trees to help some with focus😉).
    We didn't even bother with stabilizers, & while the visor let us be outside, it still packs up rather quickly.
    Our site was fairly level, but by staying hitched up we were about 1.5" nose-high according to our bluetooth level sensor.  So, by moving onto a 2x8x24" wood block, we easily achieved a near perfect leveling, as shown by this screenshot of the "Remote Level" app made from the driver's seat..

The Anderson leveler took care of the L-R leveling to match the wood block.  When our tire was against the edge of the block, we stuck the Anderson ramp under the other tire & moved up until L-R was level.
    The app is showing inches, because I've entered the T@B's measurements into its settings for width (74") and length (108" from hitch to center of wheel.  Without those settings (or if unselected) it would show degrees, which seems less useful to me.
    By the way, 0.1" is equal to approximately 0.15 degrees out of level in this case, if I did my trigonometry right.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    edited November 2019
    (Edited for photo size.)

Staying at Chewacla State Park Auburn, Al

BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    GatorEgg said:
    Looking at the title of this thread, we’re excited to see and we look forward to seeing pics of “ your T@b set up” .  Why is there so many pics of trees, people taking pics of trees, rocks, dogs, etc?  How about YOUR T@B SET UP?
    Besides a picture of the TaB set up (which is sometimes not all that colorful), pictures of folks TaB travels along the way are welcome, too.  

Having formerly been a moderator of one of the major camera sites with >100k members, I would have to agree with GatorEgg above, not that I care one way or the other. Based upon the OP's title, text and picture, I wouldn't necessarily expect pics of Tuesday's lunch nor dogs in sweaters, though I suppose it does qualify as  entertaining to some/many/most. Threads like this are sort of 'organic', and can morph many different directions; I'm just glad that this is a respectful site where people aren't acting like they're on the internet!
    2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
    Jeff --Front Range of Colorado
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Mouseketab your setup as always is great.  We spent Veterans Day weekend at the Fort.  We got stuck in the 2000 party loop and weren't too thrilled.  Next time we book we're going to do a full hookup site.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Mouseketab your setup as always is great.  We spent Veterans Day weekend at the Fort.  We got stuck in the 2000 party loop and weren't too thrilled.  Next time we book we're going to do a full hookup site.
    Thanks! Because of the 2000 Loop madness and even sometimes they put groups in 1500, I only book Full Hookup or Premium.

I hope you enjoyed your stay!!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    edited November 2019

This was our maiden voyage to Disney's Fort Wilderness over Veterans Weekend.                                                      

We were joined by 2 of my daughters and a granddaughter. 

They got the tent, which leaked during a storm the first night.

My wife made the awning and the 2 window covers.  When she made our initial and did then ampersand  T ( for our last name) symbol, she didn't realize that it matched the @ in the T@B until we tried them on at home.

We were pretty comfortable and fairly organized.  I should've brought our little hand vac or a dustpan, that Disney sand sticks to everything and kept getting all over the inside.

We also had a screen room set up the same size as the tent, set up over the sites picnic table.

2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options

This was our maiden voyage to Disney's Fort Wilderness over Veterans Weekend.                                                      

We were joined by 2 of my daughters and a granddaughter. 

They got the tent, which leaked during a storm the first night.

My wife made the awning and the 2 window covers.  When she made our initial and did then ampersand  T ( for our last name) symbol, she didn't realize that it matched the @ in the T@B until we tried them on at home.

We were pretty comfortable and fairly organized.  I should've brought our little hand vac or a dustpan, that Disney sand sticks to everything and kept getting all over the inside.

We also had a screen room set up the same size as the tent, set up over the sites picnic table.

Looks awesome!!

As you said, if you book full hookup or higher, you will no longer have the sand, they have replaced the coquina with a final gravel

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    You’ve been busy @BrianZ!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    Mineral Wells State Park.  Beautiful lake a few yards from camp site.
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    @gspdx how did you like Nehalem Bay SP? How were the sites and bathrooms? Thanks!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    @dsfdogs I liked the park pretty well.  It is nicely groomed and I am pretty sure all of the sites have electrical and water.  Very clean. I do prefer more privacy but for camping in colder weather when it is nice to have electricity I am willing to sacrifice a little privacy.  

The bathrooms (at least the ones where we were) are a little old be they are clean.  We will go back for sure, but not in warmer weather. But that is just us and the Oregon coast.  We don't go to the coast during the summer.  Too many people.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • Options
    rcrcowboyrcrcowboy Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2019
This discussion has been closed.