How do you camp with your T@B?

MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
San Francisco Bay Area
2013 CS-S us@gi
Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab

How do you camp with your T@B? 73 votes

Mostly with full hookups (water, sewer & electric)
9%
MouseketabgulfareacmacBrianZWannaBeMiniVictoriaPgot2blee 7 votes
Mostly with partial hookups (water & electric)
30%
T@BalongatlasbkellywSweetlyHomeSpruce1rfuss9282CougsontheroadMe_and_My_DogGatorEggChrisandAlexisHellFishawebsterlangCCGAIntrinsicMuttonChopsNHCraigJackie_DavenhmikeRlbccb 22 votes
Mostly with no hookups but in a developed campground (e.g. state park, National Park, National Forest Service)
30%
NormfunreeddTabsterdriftlesswebers3OlenaTabfortwoMarcelinerkj__elberethT@byredDenisPJeffroNCBaylissezusmanisDutch061DanManzpatandjeffjrhamelDenny16 22 votes
Mostly true boondocking - undeveloped spot with no hookups and no nearby toilet facilities
13%
db_cooperpthomas745BirdieJaneSLAMDesertDwellermorey000b407driverNateColoCalliopewomanWayneW 10 votes
Not "mostly" any one style
16%
jkjennpacmanBauchleFishDoctorHalooPamandJohnUpNorth2DougHCbusguyRobynandMartyDeanPCrabTabusmchfd 12 votes

Comments

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    If "partial hookups (water & electric)" includes use of a dump station (not sewer hookup at campsite), then I should have chosen that instead of "full hookups", because that's what most state parks have here in Virginia.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Typically full or partial so far. Not fully outfitted yet for boondocking.

State parks in WA with sites accessible for trailers usually have at least some full hookup sites. If only partial sites are available, there’s almost always a dump station. I’m OK with either, and pick based on site space/views rather than sewer connection.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Full hookups (camping resorts mostly) all the way. On occasion for a T@B gathering will have electric only or electric and water, but my preference is to have electric, water, sewer, and cable.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    edited February 2020
    Well I voted but . . . . . .
    my 'camping' is really nearly evenly split between 'electric & water' sites and 'dry-camping'.
    Guess you need more options :)
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    As a current owner of a T@g...I really shouldn't have voted...but I did vote for what my preference would be in the near future...as many of you know we don't even have a grey tank ...so we tote now...
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Mostly with no hookups but in a developed campground (e.g. state park, National Park, National Forest Service)
    We use or plan to use mostly State or National Park camping, but have plans for boondocking on BLM areas.  I only use commercial camp grounds occasionally during a road trip to get to my destination.
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    BrianZ said:
    If "partial hookups (water & electric)" includes use of a dump station (not sewer hookup at campsite), then I should have chosen that instead of "full hookups", because that's what most state parks have here in Virginia.
    To clarify: “full hookups” means sewer hookup at the campsite. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Our recent florida trip,   we parking lot, rest area parked down and back,  Harvest hosted 2 nights and a partial hookup 3 nights.   We harvest host frequently,   Rarely full hook ups  expensive and not really needed.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    I enjoy the campsite areas in parks without hookups because they are usually 50% less busy - lots of space and nice and quiet!
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo
    I will second that.  Going to a full hook up Park is like living in the city with close by neighbors.  
    Cheers
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    Any way that suits where u want to go. I parked at full hookup sites for a while but did not use anything except the dump site to get a handle on how to boondock with a backup if needed. Now I do either depending where I want to visit and who I want to meet (some prefer full hook up sites some do not).
  • PintoplumberPintoplumber Member Posts: 168
    Mostly electric only. We fill up with water when we arrive and dump when we leave.
    2016 320 CS-S  1954 Ford F100  2017 Chevy suburban 
  • CCGACCGA Member Posts: 26
    Partial hookups,we camp at COE and State Parks.

2018 320S Boondock (Beach Boonie) -2016  Nissan Frontier V6 King Cab

Chuck & Carol

• CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    We usually meander around on road trips and are 'campers of opportunity'. It is not unheard of for us to boondock, National/State Park, WalMart or even KOA in the same trip. Rarely do we have sewer hookup on site, as we don't want to spend the extra coins it usually costs.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    The few times we have camped with sewer hookups, they are really hard to use.  They are not lined up well with where our tank empties.  We do enjoy campgrounds that have sewer dump stations on the way out though.
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• JeffroNCJeffroNC Member Posts: 366
    Our limiting factor is our grey tank. We try to skimp on water when doing dishes but it still fills up in a few days. We carry an auxiliary tank to extend our stays at sites without sewer.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL 2017 F150 3.5L Ecoboost
    Jeff & Amy
    Now in Manistee, MI

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    My style varies greatly, even within the same trip. Last year, in one trip, I mooch docked (driveway), stayed at some KOAs, some electric and water, some FHU,, boondocked, stayed at a commercial campground with electric, only, Canadian National Parks with electric and water, and 2 nights at Cracker Barrels. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    Mostly true boondocking - undeveloped spot with no hookups and no nearby toilet facilities
    Never once used a hookup while camping, nor have I ever camped where there was one. Spent two nights in a State Park campground, that's as close as I've gotten.
    2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
    Jeff --Front Range of Colorado
    edited April 2020
    Time was one time you could park along a rural highway to spend the night, or pull into a rest area.  But not anymore, most of these places are posted no overnight...   I once spent the weekend at the San Diego Embarcadero back in the 70s, that was fun, but not possible now.
    cheers
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @Denny16 yep those who came before us abused it and ruined it for the following generations.

I wonder how long the Blm will tolerate people dumping their tanks on the ground and burying their trash before that free camping ends
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Not mostly any one style of camping for us.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.