Options

Idle-off-topic-chit chat - Part 2

1282930313234»

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There has been a question asked about why Eric’s Tribute was included in this discussion. 

This discussion is the Part two of the original discussion originally created by @Dalehelman.  Eric was such a happy go lucky guy and he could never stay serious nor on-topic. This and the original Idle Chit Chat discussion have so many of Eric’s posts in it, it seems appropriate to add his Tribute here. 

To those who were not around during Eric’s days here, please read these two discussions to get the lighter side of “Idle Chit Chat”. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    So true, I need the lighter side away from "Fantastic" Fans and RV stuff. Sitting here, listening to 5 teens playing magic the gathering, not following at all, but just enjoying the atmosphere, like watching the fire pit and the world passing by ....
    2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    edited August 2021
    Tonight, I only saw one star in the sky full of clouds. There must have been a reason. Eric and I had some of the funniest conversations. 

For those who have never seen me around, I had a 2015 Special Edition T@B. I moved on to a tiny toy hauler (Retro 820R) to camp and take my Harley with me. So far, the Harley has only been in it once! The dog and his stuff and crate take up most of the room. 

R.I.P. Eric! 

This is Rocket all grown up *edited*

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Of course, my boy is a wee bit on the long side..... Verna, look how much he's grown! This is us at a small park called Pocomoke during October. 

He went with me and my family on a Potomac Christmas Brunch Cruise. I had no idea my glasses got so dark. I wondered why so many people gave me a huge berth when I was walking to the ship at Christmas! People must have thought I was blind. LOL.

He's a great service doggo. I just wish he didn't torment the cat (the cat does it back). There's a bit of a size difference, and the cat loses that one! 

Hugs to all!

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    For those who saw mentions of Harvey and Harley, these are the two troublemakers:

Harley with my uke, and Harley.

Harvey caught ordering on Amazon.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @ScottG what a touching tribute and absolutely PERFECT title to his name! I think Eric would have worn that mantle with pride, and also would have flaunted the heck out of it! 

@Ratkity great pics! I remember when Rocket came into your life. Oh my he has grown, and is stunning! And as for Harley and Harvey, well… it’s good to see them again. And it’s always great to hear from you, Tab or no Tab! You’re family! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    I'm so sad to read of Eric's passing. I didn't realize he was battling cancer, but sensed ever since Liz's passing, his spirit and joy was gone. I'm happy he's with her again. I've been on the forum almost four years and his posts not only helped me tremendously, but he had me laughing out loud more often than not. He helped create this wonderful community, for which I'm grateful.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    And nice to hear from you, @Ratkity. I'm sure Eric would be equally delighted that his tribute rousted another "early adopter" and frequent forum contributor from hibernation. May the idle chit-chat continue in his honor!  :-)  
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Yes, @Ratkity, it is great seeing your new posts and even a photo of you!  

Rocket is so large!  Spike would love to play with him, and Sunny Day would just back away from Rocket! I’m glad Rocket doesn’t bother Harley or Harvey, but we know they can hold their own!  

I’ve often considered posting here in the Idle Chit Chat, but something always took away the time. Thanks always for @Ericnliz for his ability to bring a smile to our faces with his hilarious and mischievous posts. We should post in the Idle Chit Chat more often. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
    I am so sorry to hear this. I enjoyed meeting Eric at East Meets West several years ago and he actually got me to try Fireball. I had also recently lost my spouse and we raised a glass to both of them. My condolences to his family and friends. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    Oh dear!  I just saw this from another post that mentioned someone in the forum had passed!  I only knew him from the forum, but you could always count on a funny comment!  He is with his dear Liz now. Condolences to family and friends.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    2Cougs said:
    It is with great sorrow we need to share with the T@b community that our dear friend Eric ( @ericnliz ) passed away this week after a courageous fight with lung cancer.  Many of you knew him for his awesome pit BBQ at East Meets West, or from his lighthearted and knowledgeable presence here on the forum.  The SpoT@b breakfasts will never be the same without him.

Hello all,

This is Ben and Josh, Eric's youngest and oldest sons. We appreciate all of the stories and condolences sent on this forum... it sure sounds like our dad!

We'll be having a celebration in his memory, as he didn't request a formal service, rather a BBQ and get together with good music, family and friends.

If anyone from his T@b community would like to attend, please contact us for details and to RSVP. It will be held on Saturday, 9/4/21 near Spokane, WA:

Ben's cell: 650-576-4895
    Josh's cell: 253-283-3200

Many thanks, and that's a great picture of our dad. Thank you for putting it together.
    -Ben & Josh

2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    My husband wants a Christmas list from me. Any fun suggestions out there for a T@B enthusiast?
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Love my Omnia stovetop oven
    Merry Christmas!

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Sorry, I don't have any good gift recommendations, but I was happy to see the "idle-off-topic-chit-chat" reappear. I'm pretty sure Eric would be pleased as well. Carry on!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    ColleenD2 said:
    ... Any fun suggestions out there for a T@B enthusiast?
    Yoga lessons so he'll be prepared for his next mod. =)

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Fun fact: this thread (which is actually the second iteration of idle-chit-chat) has more comments than the exhaustive discussion about Changing out the Alde fluid!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @ScottG, and dare I say it’s a lot more entertaining than a glycol change!  =) 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red