Options

2017 Plans?

Comments

• Options
    phulishcatphulishcat Member Posts: 89
    See my personal way of camping involves a stocked bar and zero light pollution. But that's just my preference haha.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I am tentatively planning to repeat my 2016 summer and boondock in Colorado. I might take the scenic route to get there, though and spend some time in Knoxville and the Smokies on the way out. Unless something with work or my job changes, I will be building upon last summer's experience. and plan on spending a significantly longer period of time this year, though.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Restless_NativeRestless_Native Member Posts: 116
    I'm in the planning stages of a summer roadtrip from Florida to Prince Edward Island. Plan to make stops in Boston, eat my weight in lobster along the Maine coast, stop over in Acadia National Park, head to Nova Scotia, then up to PEI. 
    Amanda, Ft. Myers, FL Ag@tha 2017 T@B CS-S  , TV: 2013 Chevy Equinoz LTZ

• Options
    KeltdubhKeltdubh Member Posts: 54
    @Cyclonic  As you know we try to get out at least once a month too, to do some camping and cast iron cooking.  It's hard to say when and where.  We mainly do the local scene around the Shenandoah Valley.  It's just so convenient with so many places in the area.  In May we will be doing our first travel camping trip.  We're gonna do the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway journey.  We're gonna stop everyone 100 miles or so along the way.  We're gonna end it with a 3 or 4 night stay in Douthat State Park before heading home.  Kinda excited about that one.  
    Ed & Tea
    Linden, VA
    2016 T@B Q Max Outback Package - 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Shenandoah Valley T@BBERS
  • Options
    lapowers57lapowers57 Member Posts: 186
    Jan - look at the T@b
    Feb - Look at the T@B
    Mar - Look at the T@B
    Apr - Prep the T@B 
    May - Weekend trip to southern VT
    Jun - Old Songs Festival, NY
    Jul - Ooh La La Dance, QC
            Mémoires et Racines festival, QC
    Aug - 2 weeks somewhere, thinking Gaspésie or Nova Scotia.
    Sep -  Weekend Adirondack trip
    Oct - Grouse Camp, Northern NH
    Nov - Grouse Camp, Southern VT
    Dec - Pack it up for the season
    2016 T@B M@X S grey/red 16 Foot Airstream, towed by 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4, Central Connecticut

• Options
    Me_and_My_DogMe_and_My_Dog Member Posts: 184
    edited February 2017

Katt and Miss Cannoli the Zen Dog
    2008 DM T@DA — Towed by 2014 Dodge Durango — Full time since 6/29/17
    "Travels With The Tiny"
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Keltdubh said:
    @Cyclonic  As you know we try to get out at least once a month too, to do some camping and cast iron cooking.  It's hard to say when and where.  We mainly do the local scene around the Shenandoah Valley.  It's just so convenient with so many places in the area.  In May we will be doing our first travel camping trip.  We're gonna do the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway journey.  We're gonna stop everyone 100 miles or so along the way.  We're gonna end it with a 3 or 4 night stay in Douthat State Park before heading home.  Kinda excited about that one.  
     @Keltdubh Did that trip in November and it was fantastic, you will love it.

Hope to see you in a few weeks, work is really trying to get in the way though.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    My ever changing plans.  We decided it would be best for @schizokeet to fly into Austin so she can make the most of her time on our long trip in June, so I am scrapping the Gulf Coast and Houston and I think instead I will spend a few days on the Natchez Trace Parkway visiting historic sites that she would be less interested in (including Vicksburg, very excited about that).  Probably then ride US87 through into Texas.

There is not as much information on the Natchez Trace Parkways as there is the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Anyone made that trip?

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    We hope to do a lot more than this, but our big (and maybe overly ambitious) trip will be an 11 day journey in July from DFW area to Grand Tetons/ Yellowstone. Stopping on the way up in Amarillo, Ft. Collins CO area; and return through Buffalo WY for Longmire Days, Garden of the Gods in CO and another night in Amarillo. We will need to get a lot of camping in before that because we've only RV camped 4 times with only 1 trip of more than 1/2 hour from home.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 935
    Any word on a TearStock event this year?   Recent business changes obviously change the organizational and sponsorship arrangement.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    marknjudy - Since you're up that close, I'd consider Glacier NP also ... Love Glacier, can't wait to get back up there.
  • Options

That sounds like a plan. We should be able to squeeze it in.

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    marknjudy, Agree with PXL, you'll love it. Well worth making the time for! Personally prefer Glacier NP over Yellowstone NP any day of the week having been to both. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    edited January 2017

PXL-That sounds like a plan. We should be able to squeeze it in.

Ericnliz- Good to know. All three are on my list of places I want to see. Knowing this, maybe I can knock them out in one fell swoop!

I also forgot to mention a 2 night stay in Cody. So there's time to add Glacier

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I found Yellowstone way too busy - even skipped a couple areas because of crowds. While Glacier was busy, twas not annoyingly so. Glacier's also better (in my estimation) if you're a hiker.
  • Options
    We are hikers. That's a little concerning about Yellowstone. I figured it might be crowded especially around the 4th, but that's the week my wife could get off. Interestingly enough, we had no trouble booking sites anywhere. I almost had her convinced to try boondocking - especially on the trip up, but she's not quite ready to be off the grid. Baby steps. :)
  • Options
    Bonus: I get to add another state to those that we've camped in if we do Glacier as well!
  • Options
    marknjudy said:
    We are hikers. That's a little concerning about Yellowstone. I figured it might be crowded especially around the 4th, but that's the week my wife could get off. Interestingly enough, we had no trouble booking sites anywhere. I almost had her convinced to try boondocking - especially on the trip up, but she's not quite ready to be off the grid. Baby steps. :)
    I know that one.  She is OK for one night off the grid, but gets a little... unhappy... about more now, particularly since we don't have facilities.  Women just have different issues to take care of.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Yep. Thing is I think she'd love it once we do it. I just have to convince her to try it. 
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I loved Glacier NP... another vote from an old hiker's memory of a nice place.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Seems to be unaminously a good choice then. I'm pencilling it in
  • Options
    marknjudy, Aw, be brave, use pen! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz, see? I have to use pencil because my plans change by the minute - literally. My wife, on the other hand, could chisel it in stone because she knows how to make a plan and stick to it. That's one of the 127 reasons I love her - because she's the only one here that knows what's going on at any given minute. I'm just the guy that shows up. Sooo... while I said pencil, she'll be breaking out the chisel. :)

• Options
    marknjudy, Mark, hand the calendar to the wife, stand back, and watch out for flying stone chips! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    We are back packers and re Yellowsyone, 100 feet out of the main trail area is a different world all to yourself.  We hiked past bubbling mud pots and steaming rivers unencumbered by boardwalks and crowds.  We had Lone star Geiser to ourselves. Moose around the corners and listening to the wolf packs howl at night.  Yellowstone is the initial reason to become Tabbers.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Sam, even more pumped now.
    ericnliz, she's sharpening the chisel!
  • Options
    rfuss928 said:
    Any word on a TearStock event this year?   Recent business changes obviously change the organizational and sponsorship arrangement.
    No word yet.  Besides the business changes, Atwood, from my understanding, has done zero work on the location thus far.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Cyclonic said:
    rfuss928 said:
    No word yet.  Besides the business changes, Atwood, from my understanding, has done zero work on the location thus far.
    Atwood Lake Park lists Tearstock as being July 12-15 on their 2017 special events page. Someone must have reserved the dates with them.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Thanks Photomom!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    fuzzypinkbunnyfuzzypinkbunny Member Posts: 24
    Just started booking some summer trips. 

July: Acadia National Park for five days
    July: Adirondaks (parking at a private family camp)
    August: Sebago Lake State Park (Maine) for 4 days

Very excited! Trying to determine when our first trip out will be. Lots of the campgrounds around here (New England) don't seem to open until May. I want to try and get out at least 1 weekend/month during the good weather--maybe more because I feel like it's so easy to get up and go with the T@B even if it's just for one night.

Live. Travel. Eat. Repeat. 
    2013 Orange & Grey T@B CS-S: Villa Ar@ncia
    Follow my travels on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cookwithkerrydotcom/