Options

Fridge Won't Light for Nothin :-(

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    irvingj said:
    "Have to admit, he's kept a really good sense of humor through the trials and tribulations of this endeavor."

Yeah, what he said!
    Yes, PXLated, you have the patience of a saint!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @ericnliz, it would be tough to give up the propane advantage. Even with all of PXLated's problems of late, his 3-way fridge is such a miser on propane. I would miss that feature if I went to the ARB full-time. I know what I spent for propane for last winter in AZ, and it was dirt cheap to be running the fridge and the Alde. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Verna, but your battery capacity and solar would work well with the low amp draw ARB, don't you think?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SAM said:
    Verna, but your battery capacity and solar would work well with the low amp draw ARB, don't you think?
    Yes, @SAM, I run the ARB every time I am camping with a cord going through the truck window and plugged into the T@B's batteries.  My batteries have no problem keeping the T@B, contents, satellite dish and the ARB running.  If I were to run into dismal weather as we are having right now, I'm sure I could still run at least three days without solar....but I don't want to find out!  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    You didn't know me when I was working - I was self employed and always said my boss was the biggest jerk boss anywhere :-)
    But - I've never found getting ones blood pressure up over something you have no control over to be worthwhile or productive so have always been tolerant of that.
    And it helps to not have tight plans, timeframes or destinations. If you don't have any they can't get too screwed up :-)
  • Options
    Norcold does get my blood pressure up - Will never own another.
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    Ouch, I feel for ya.  Hopefully, the next few days will bring a positive conclusion.

That's one reason why I chose to teach myself about solid state circuit boards; have been known to go over them with a high-magnifying set-up and use a Wahl cordless pencil-tip soldering iron to replace pieces, after being told "it couldn't be done"… but I fear those days are rapidly coming to an end….

Best of luck, and yes, my fingers are crossed for you, too.
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    irvingj said

That's one reason why I chose to teach myself about solid state circuit boards; have been known to go over them with a high-magnifying set-up and use a Wahl cordless pencil-tip soldering iron to replace pieces, after being told "it couldn't be done"… but I fear those days are rapidly coming to an end….
    Yeah, I am curious about this "circuit board" myself - the schematic doesn't look all that complicated.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    FuzzyYanniFuzzyYanni Member Posts: 110
    edited February 2017
    Looks.like I'll be buying a backup circuit board soon as a backup. 
    Please share the year of your Norcold and the part number.

Thanks
    "I know one thing, I know nothing."
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited October 2016
    PXL, Not only tight plans, but keep the pink flamingo skivvies loose too, tight pants just aggravate 'ya! [First time I read your thread above, I thought you said tight pants, not tight plans, I had to chuckle, and....] =) Where are my reading glasses? :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    I found a couple pics online and it looks like the board and its components are embedded in some kind of resin. No chance of fixing it! :-(
  • Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    Verna said:
    I think I foresee a built-in ARB should this happen to me.....110V/12V. 
    Verna - is this what you're thinking of getting? Just curious how this compares with the arb you have now (as far as draw on the battery):
    http://www.roadtrucker.com/engel/engel-ac-dc-built-in-fridge-freezer-60-quart.htm

Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    The part number for "my" serial number is... Norcold 633326 ($160+shipping) ...It's the Reigniter Board... A reminder though - The parts depot and the service guy said Norcold changes the part numbers all the time (wether they actually change anything in the parts is questionable) so you need to have your model number as well as the serial number when you call a parts place and then they call Norcold - again, according to these two guys but they were pretty straight up guys.
    The board is really easy to change out - two philips head screws. Just make sure you get the wires plugged in correctly but if you take a pic that should be easy.
    Also, about that thermocouple listed above (Amazon) - It's actually not a twin of the original, it's a foot longer. Whomever the first service guy called must have given him the wrong number. Better long than short though.
  • Options
    wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    edited October 2016
    Verna said:
    Verna - is this what you're thinking of getting? Just curious how this compares with the arb you have now (as far as draw on the battery):
    http://www.roadtrucker.com/engel/engel-ac-dc-built-in-fridge-freezer-60-quart.htm

If you stick with the same cabinet size, I don't think it makes much difference if you go Engle, ARB or Norcold (model used in CS models).  The Norcold and ARB models use identical compressors anyway. The Engle is slightly more efficient but noticeably louder.  They're all far more efficient in portable form as they have more insulation.  Norcold makes portable models too that compete well.

For Pxl's use and setup, yeah probably best to stay with propane since 12v fridges can drain a group 24 battery overnight unless you have a 2 battery setup, or larger battery.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Verna said:
    I was thinking that as I read this missive...  I'm glad I travel with mine and with solar out west it's doable.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    One observation since I'm running off an AC hookup vs my normal propane -> The fan seems to run a lot more often.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    That number isn't even close to my number and its the same fridge right? What is the current board number for you ? and what is the new one?

My actual relighter board is :619868

The manual states part number: 607964 (old and out of date)

I know my relighter has been changed in the last two years - FYI

sounds like the latest one is : 633326 (replacing the 619868) but seriously they cannot be that different otherwise the rest of the fridge wouldn't work. I'm willing to bet money you could probably grab a reigniter from Dometic and it will work perfect. I'm *almost* willing to buy one to try this theory out. I would need to know if the Thermocouple range is different for Norcold VS Dometic but I seriously doubt it.

http://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-relighter-board-633326-replaced-619868-fits-the-3163-model/

*update* found an older 619868 on ebay for $99 *BAM* INSTANT PURCHASE 

(thanks PXLated) 

• Options
    Fuzzy - The part number I listed is what Norcold themselves came back with when the parts depot called in my fridge serial number. Not surprised yours doesn't match based on what the parts people said about Norcold always changing part numbers.
    I know nothing other than what they told me :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I'm starting to think I should also keep a spare fridge around, 

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Why not just a spare T@B - Then you'd be covered for everything :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Pretty sure between concurrently owning a T@B and a T@DA, we have the 'spare T@B' thing under control. 

• Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2016
    Photomom, yeah, I see the resin-filled "board"… and right, not much chance to troubleshoot that. Yet another example of "Welcome to the replaceable society."  Arrggh!

(I think Yanni likes his campers….)
  • Options
    Evidently not if you're thinking a spare fridge :-)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    I was thinking that as I read this missive...  I'm glad I travel with mine and with solar out west it's doable.  

Yes, leaning towards one, strongly.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    PXLated said:
    Nope, don't do Facebook :-) ... Actually, I've had an account forever but can't reall he last time I went there.
    Ditto here. No plans to change but I wondered why there were two T@B groups listed there.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • Options
    Facebook is way better for having a realtime conversation / chat that forums - that is assuming you want to have a realtime conversation. Forums are better for searching and retrieving past conversations. To each his own folks. I do both.
  • Options
    Facebook tends to get unfiltered add-on posts. Somebody mentions they're having trouble with X and before you know it people are like "OMG, T@Bs are junk!"

I follow a number of FB T@B pages and they are a great place to find out where people have camped with their  trailers and how they've modded them. This is the best place, by far, to learn about the trailers and get good advice about resolving issues. And it is much easier to search for previously posted things here.
  • Options
    I don't do Facebook because or any services where I'm the product.
  • Options
    Ok, got the fridge working - new circuit board... $175-Board, $50-Labor, $75-OvernightAir = $300 + $125 for the thermocouple/labor with the first service guy.
    More when I've got a better connection.
  • Options
    marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Nice!!! Now back to your regularly scheduled life. Very happy to hear it. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150