Options

Fridge Won't Light for Nothin :-(

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Thenorcoldguy.com, mentioned at the beginning of this thread, has a techie blog. Skimming the questions, there are several about the fridge not cooling, but I wasn't paying attention to the models being discussed. http://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-technical-blog/
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    JasonC424JasonC424 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks Two J, I'll have a look
    2016 T@b 320 S
    200 watts Renogy Solar Panels 
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 4 cylinder RWD
    Delaware, Ohio
  • Options
    Additional note, last night I used the porch light and inside light and noticed that they were flickering a bit, kind of like a fluorescent lamp. I'm sensitive to light and especially to fluorescent, so it appears that this is something new.
    2016 T@b 320 S
    Delaware, Ohio
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Jason, adding a signature with your TaB year and model and your TV Is helpful.  Do you mean the main overhead light?  Were you on shorepower, battery, solar?  Depending on your model year, they may be LEDs or not.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SAM, thanks for the response.  It's a 2016 T@b 320 S with 200 watts of solar.  We rarely plug into shore power, so are using solar and propane for our needs.  I believe that all the lights are LED.    I attempted to change my signature with no luck, but would be happy to add it if someone would guide me. 
    2016 T@b 320 S
    Delaware, Ohio
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited February 2018
    @JasonC424 tap the settings "wheel" to the right of your user name in the black banner, select Edit My Profile, select Signature Settings  and add/change whatever. LAST, Tap the Save button !
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    I do know that the porch light has the highest draw so I wonder if that had any impact?  Anything loose?  When that happens, turn on more lights and see if they are all flickering.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,445
    edited February 2018
    @JasonC42, if your fridge ignitor was running full time, that I would almost expect your lights to flicker. Every time the ignitor clicks it places an increased load on the battery. The rapid load fluctuations are evident in voltage sensitive devices such as lights.

In short, I suspect your flickering lights are a side-effect of your fridge problem.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. Have you tried replacing that fuse? 

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    mona said:
    Forgive me if this has already been mentioned. Have you tried replacing that fuse? 

Jeannie
    Jeannie - ah...yes, the fuse - good call. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    ScottG said:
    @JasonC42, if your fridge ignitor was running full time, that I would almost expect your lights to flicker. Every time the ignitor clicks it places an increased load on the battery. The rapid load fluctuations are evident in voltage sensitive devices such as lights.

In short, I suspect your flickering lights are a side-effect of your fridge problem.
    Scott, I would agree that they may be related.  The light flickered even with the fridge completely off, so I'm wondering if there is an issue affecting the fridge somewhere else in the T@b, would that be possible?
    2016 T@b 320 S
    Delaware, Ohio
  • Options
    mona said:

Jeannie

Thanks Jeannie, we had a look at it and it seems fine.  Also we disconnected the wire leading to it and the pilot light went out and the ticking stopped.  My guess is that this means that the fuse was doing its job.
    2016 T@b 320 S
    Delaware, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,445
    JasonC424 said:
    Scott, I would agree that they may be related.  The light flickered even with the fridge completely off, so I'm wondering if there is an issue affecting the fridge somewhere else in the T@b, would that be possible?
    Sounds like a power fluctuation from something, but if it's not the ignitor then I'm out of ideas. My knowledge of the fridge circuitry is also pretty skimpy, so I can't say if the flickering is a cause, an effect, or a coincidence with regard to the fridge issue.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @JasonC424, Thanks for the update! I hope you're on the right track to a resolution! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    That’s great news, Jason!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Excellent! Thanks for circling back!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    FuzzyYanniFuzzyYanni Member Posts: 110
    Heads up for anyone needing to change their thermocoupler - back in Oct 2016 I sucessfully removed and replaced the thermocoupler on our T@DA 2009 FD without having to remove the fridge at all.
    Once replaced the fridge worked perfectly. So it IS possible !
    "I know one thing, I know nothing."
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Cool, Fuzz. Thanks for that.

Where did you find the thermocouple? I might want to have one on hand, just in case...

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    FuzzyYanniFuzzyYanni Member Posts: 110

"I know one thing, I know nothing."
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited October 2022
    Great @Fuzzy. Thanks!

FYI, note that the Tab's down-the-road vibration can loosen the thermocouple nut. After tightening mine numerous times, I put a drop of blue Loctite on there. It's been fine ever since.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya