Comments

• Options
    trainwreckedtrainwrecked Member Posts: 31
    2016 Max S - mfg date 8/2015 - no cracks yet after ~ 8K miles

2016 T@b M@x S Sofitel >- 2017 Subaru Outback 3.6
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited March 2018
    PLEASE keep this thread going until the 2 feet of snow in my back yard melts... I don't want to dig it out to check today, and I'm likely to forget if you don't keep reminding me!  :s
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jrsladjrslad Member Posts: 20
    So this is getting frustrating now. Since last Sunday I have posted on this forum, attempted a contact through the web page link, called and left a voice mail message asking for a callback and attempted to live chat with the folks at Nucamp regarding my 2015 T@B Max S and it's cracked frame. I have received no response. I'm sure that they are formulating a policy regarding frame issues but a simple acknowledgement of my concerns would go a long way. 
    NuCamp what is your recommendation? Is the frame crack a safety issue? What should be done about it? 
    John & Michelle & JD (Just Dog) 2019 T@B 400 Boondock LTE  towed by a 2017 Toyota Highlander v6, (flat land only) or a 2017 Tundra v8 (when going west)
  • Options
    NormfunNormfun Member Posts: 285
    I did get a short email from them, stating that they are in contact with the frame manufacturer and will update when available. No other questions were addressed. Not much but better than nothing. 
    Norm & Pat. 320 S Outback Utah or somewhere else.

• Options
    ddetarddetar Member Posts: 23
    Just checked my 2015 TAB Max S and found no cracks.  Guessing it has less than 2,000 miles on it.  Norco part 87217 - date of manufacture 09/23/2014.
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I've started keeping a spreadsheet of reported frame cracks. As we know all are 2015 except Cyclonic's. Only Joe and jrslad have reported manufacture dates, and those were both late 2014. If the rest of you could check and report your manufacture dates (and mileage, too, if available) that would be very helpful for trying to pinpoint the affected time frame.

Members reporting frame cracks to date:

@Dalehelman
    @Sabel
    @Normfun
    @Cyclonic
    @PITPAT
    @jkjenn
    @Joe
    @jrslad

2015 T@B S

• Options
    ddetarddetar Member Posts: 23
    My 2015 Max S was manufactured on 9/23/14.  Has approximately 2,000 miles on it.  No cracks.
  • Options
    jrsladjrslad Member Posts: 20
    Incidentally, my T@B has no more than 10,000 miles on it. I bought it used so I am estimating the prior owners usage based on the trips he described to me. I have put on about 4,000 miles since October 2017
    John & Michelle & JD (Just Dog) 2019 T@B 400 Boondock LTE  towed by a 2017 Toyota Highlander v6, (flat land only) or a 2017 Tundra v8 (when going west)
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @ScottG
    My build date is 11/2014
    aprox. 12,000 before cracks appeared. I had checked around 10,000 miles no cracks.
    Thanks for putting the spreadsheet. 
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    @ScottG
    my frame mfg date is 5/10/2014. I purchased 11/2014 so it was built sometime in between. I have over 20,000 miles on it. 

• Options
    gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 506
    Scot, thanks for the post. My 2016 CS-S built 02/16 (no cracks)  keep us posted. Thanks Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Since I have a 2015 (ok so far) I'll be interested to hear what the fix is, or if there is something proactive we can do so that it doesn't happen.  If it's a simple welding job,  I'd like to do it before it cracks if possible.  Sending it back to Ohio from Washington is not going to be an option, and I'd trust a welding shop over an RV dealer working on it any day.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    Still a very small number considering over 4,000 have visited this thread. I expect the number will increase as our trailers come out of hibernation.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Dalehelman, Mine's not hibernating, just sittin' there waitin' for the rest of the snow to melt so I can get out there & get the cover off to get ready for the first of the year adventure. Think I'll just lay some cardboard down over the muddy ground to check for frame cracks so I don't end up lookin' like Pig Pen after inspecting. Cabin fever is settin' in BAD this year! :s
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    We just returned home from an eight week trip to the Southwest (T@Bazona was great!) and I'm catching up with various threads on the forum.   Here's another cracked frame to add to the list.   We have a 2015 320S with 26,000 miles on it (we do love road trips!)  I just checked our trailer and the lower forward bolt on each side is cracked.   Is the recommendation that we each communicate with nuCamp and work something out?
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    T@Balong said:
    We just returned home from an eight week trip to the Southwest (T@Bazona was great!) and I'm catching up with various threads on the forum.   Here's another cracked frame to add to the list.   We have a 2015 320S with 26,000 miles on it (we do love road trips!)  I just checked our trailer and the lower forward bolt on each side is cracked.   Is the recommendation that we each communicate with nuCamp and work something out?
    Yes contact the warranty department. Don’t get impatient with them. Just be nice and persistent. I am confident they will come through.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    Thanks, FYI, our manufacture date was 2/2015.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    @T@Balong yours makes 9 to date
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I just received an update from NuCamp. They have completely replaced my chassis. Unbelievable support from these guys!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Interesting! The entire frame. I bet that’s a lot of work. I hope they treat the rest of us that well. Fingers crossed. 

• Options
    JoeJoe Member Posts: 72
    edited March 2018
    @jkjenn - That is very good news.  I know that must be a big relief.
    I had an email from the warranty department today.  They asked for my VIN, which I sent them.  They said they are working with the frame supplier and will get back to me.  It's a good sign that they are communicating with me despite the fact that my trailer is out of warranty.
    2015 Max U Outback; 2011 Chevy Silverado 4X4; Austin, Tx
  • Options
    Joe said:
    @jkjenn - That is very good news.  I know that must be a big relief.
    I heard back from the warranty department today.  They asked for my VIN, which I sent them.  They said they are working with the frame supplier and will get back to me.  I also found a phone message from Nucamp.  Good communication thus far.
    Yes, indeed, although I was extremely confident that NuCamp would handle this the right way, and they did, of course!

They are first class. I have always dreamed of owning a Bambi, but the way they treat customers gives me serious pause to continue that dream.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jrslad's post above brought it to my attention that there are two "manufacture dates" marked on the trailer that are worthy of note:

The camper build date is indicated on a silver sticker on the driver's side of the trailer tongue.

The frame/chassis build date is indicated on another silver sticker on the passenger side of the frame, just behind the step, near where the cracks are occurring. jrslad's example is shown below. This sticker also shows a serial number which presumably is for the frame itself.

The dates are not necessarily the same. My 2015 has a camper build date of 12/2014, but a chassis build date of 10/2014. The distinction could make a difference in pinpointing the particular trailers involved, if a "bad batch" is at the root of this.

2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited March 2018
    @ScottG  thanks for the added information. Unfortunately the build date our trailer the last two numbers are unreadable. The serial number is readable though so I am sure that Norco can reference it.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    I just checked the additional sticker info and my chassis build date is 1/20/15 and my trailer build date is 2/2015.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon Member Posts: 103
    Add ours to the pot.
    Sara&Carl
    2015 max s outback, TV 2011 RAV4, V6, 4x4, & 2017 Tacoma Off-road 4x4
    Soquel, CA
  • Options
    @ScottG  thanks for the added information. Unfortunately the build date our trailer the last two numbers are unreadable. The serial number is readable though so I am sure that Norco can reference it.
    It wouldn't surprise me if Nucamp has that information.

• Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    Does anyone have any failure cause information to share from either Norco or NuCamp? At this point there have been numerous bad frames reported and several of them have been repaired. What were the results of analyzing the defective frames??? Is there a recommendation for how to prevent more frames from failing or is that even possible? 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It's interesting (though not necessarily relevant...) that a part number and manufacturing date are listed in two places on the chassis sticker. (The second numbers are printed up the right-hand side.) Both numbers match on jrslad's sticker, but they both differ on Librarydragon's.

I'll have to get down on all fours again to see what mine looks like.
    2015 T@B S

• Options