Well after our last trip I will no longer be drinking my beer straight from the can! It’ll most likely be out of my insulated mug with a lid on it.
On our most recent trip to the Grand Mesa last week I took the final gulp of my beer and felt something in my mouth. Thinking a pine needle or some other forrest detritus had fallen in my can I tried to identify it with my tongue. We’ll that’s about when the light bulb, however dim it may be at times, went off in my head. At about that same time is when I felt the burning sensation and thought, Bee!!!! Yep I spit out a yellow jacket but not after getting stung on the tongue and inside of the lower lip.
Lucky for me the yellow jacket was half drowned and half drunk so I did not get a full wack from him. But none the less it was a bit uncomfortable. Can’t believe after 50 years it finally happened to me. No more open beers at camp! Bee careful!