No title just idle chit chat

DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
edited April 2017 in Events & News
Please feel free to use this thread for any random conversation. That way know one will accuse of hi jacking it. =)
  1. Hash  T@B Fun

Comments

• NewfisherNewfisher Member Posts: 105

Hi Dale,

I remember several years ago when I had a restored 46 KiT a very wise gentleman that was into teardrops named Dale. Could this be you?

• atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Just wondering if Nu Camp will have something like Tear Drop shop for additional accessories, or will LG keep the shop?
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409

Newfisher said:

Hi Dale,

I remember several years ago when I had a restored 46 KiT a very wise gentleman that was into teardrops named Dale. Could this be you?

Sorry not I
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861

atlasb said:

Just wondering if Nu Camp will have something like Tear Drop shop for additional accessories, or will LG keep the shop?

Haven't heard anything along those lines, but they are currently undertaking some things today that were not on their plate last year.  They are certainly innovative, they listen to their customers and are not afraid to delve into new markets so anything is certainly possible.  We will toss that one out to them and will report back if we get feedback from them.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Thanks Mike.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    How about this weather?
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    I finally walked into a Camping World store for the 1st time today.   As I entered, I was like "oh wow - this is like a Home Depot but for RV's".  But as I perused everything, I walked away very deflated.  Amazon is so much easier and better.   If they were to ever add a category like they have for your car/garage for "will it fit?" - I'm shorting the CW stock big time.  
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Texasaubiefan I had heard on the forums that CW could be very overpriced and the one time we've been in there it was. We did find some amazing captains chairs half off and $10 less than I have seen them on sale anywhere else. That was worth going in for!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • texasaubiefantexasaubiefan Member Posts: 62
    I'd agree with that.   Chairs, pet products, and a few speciality items were great.  
    2017 T@B 320-S, Sofitel (M@bel)
    Mabel is my great grandmother that I never knew.  She took her 3 sons (ages 8-2) on an epic adventure from Alabama to Florida in the 1930's in the back of a pick up truck.  I named my female English springer spaniel after my mother.  Might as well go for broke with the brownie points in Heaven!   
    TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 
    David & Jill, Houston, TX
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Three years ago, CW was the only place to find collapsible bowls. Now you can find them at REI, Walmart, Target, Amazon and other stores, too. I found a collapsible 4 qt cooking pot at Gander Mountain a few weeks ago. While it was on Amazon also, I wanted to see one first. I did buy it at Gander Mountain, but now CW has them on sale right now at a lower price. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    Heard this from a guy regarding CW....  Guy walked in and asked the rep for a particular item...  Salesman directs him to product....  Guy sits there with that "deer in the headlights" stunned look and asks the salesman why the thing is so expensive????  

Salesman smiles back like a huge moonbeam and says, "what do expect, this is Camping World!!!?"   =)

hystericalgif
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Said our resident super sleuth! ;)
    On another note: Hey @Ratkity, LOOK, they gave us a post we can "legally" high-jack! Thanks @Dalehelman! =) but, but, kinda takes the fun out of it...... :s Oh, well :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

But, @ericnliz, more people will join in and let the razzing begin!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @db_cooper, I'm sendin' all this rain back your way..... ;) So far today, sunny, and hoping it stays that way for Liz's annual Easter egg hunt/potluck. If not, I'll be cookin' the ham on the Pit Barrel in the rain/snow/hail/grapple, etc. like an hour's worth of weather the other day. Forecast is for sunny/partly cloudy, but you should know how THAT one works. Wait 5 minutes, it'll change!  :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

@Verna, Yup, I can see @Dalehelman sittin' in his lawn chair with his cup of coffee crackin' up & feelin' all proud of himself for startin' this one! Good one Dale!
    Spokane, Wa.

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Eric you know I did it just for you.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
    Heh, thanks, and I'm sure my high-jackin' cohorts thank you too! =) ( And I know you're chuckling right now. ) Careful with that coffee though, the spray makes one heck of a mess! :s
    Spokane, Wa.

edited April 2017
    Forum Reading Rules To Live By: read, pause, drink, pause, read some more, pause, repeat. Now, you can have good, clean fun! ;)
    Please note, this valuable information comes from finally just hangin' a squeegee to my computer screen, spray bottle & paper towel holder included! :D  
    Spokane, Wa.

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I jus' reserved the bike/Toy hauler camping trips for the rest of the summer through Oct!! 

Good clean fun here is when you keep your monitor is sparkling and shiny after that little sip of coffee that got sprayed all over it! :wink:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    I love this thread, it means less work for me!  
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Smart thinking Scott.  Do you plan to mount it or detach the controller for travel?  Looks like you set it up with a quick disconnect.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    The current plan is to detach it. I wanted to get the controller near the battery, but also retain the versatility of the suitcase. I'll eventually post more about it in other recent threads focused on the topic--I don't want risk "railing" this one.  :-) 
    2015 T@B S
    @Michigan_Mike, Do you REALLY think we won't shall we say......"inadvertently" hi-jack anymore posts other than this one. Let's just call it "job security". :)
    @ScottG , Nice! only one that could have beat that would be a "Scooby Doo" lunch box. Please go in to a little more detail (ie, parts used & hook-up procedure) about how you did that as I have the same controller. Thanks. Pretty darn cool solution.  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Eric, you have an old NFL lunchbox, too?
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    @Homebodyatheart , Nope, Just an old shiny dome top one with a leather handle, less the thermos. ( It broke a long time ago running to catch the school bus and the latch wasn't secured enough. Real bummer was that it was full of Mom's homemade soup at the time.)  :s
    Spokane, Wa.

ericnliz said:

@Michigan_Mike, Do you REALLY think we won't shall we say......"inadvertently" hi-jack anymore posts other than this one. Let's just call it "job security". :) 

nuCamp has provided us with new tools/weaponry that kill on contact!   =)   B)   :o

=)=) 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    edited April 2017
    @Michigan_Mike, Good one! 'Ya got me on that one. I'm just glad I was following the "Forum Reading Rules", or I'd have a BIG mess to clean up! Nice "hack" job on the label too! ;) Laughed so hard, I even "bookmarked" that one!
    Funny that you posted that as I was thinkin' (I know, "danger zone") about trying the regular Magic Eraser for the bird poo scenario on the other post.  =)

Spokane, Wa.

This discussion has been closed.