Options

No title just idle chit chat

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited May 2017
    @Michigan_Mike, Funny part is they have toilets in the mix.......lighted toilet on yer list? =)
    " You light up my life...." ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770

I'm looking for some flush mount 12V ceiling lights for my outpost down in SW AZ, any ideas for a decent, dimmable LED light?  I need 4-5 lights and plan to use an 18" flush mount strip light over the sink.   

I found these - about 2.4" - there's a bathroom light 12V dimmable that's about 6" by the same company.

https://www.amazon.com/acegoo-Recessed-Ceiling-Aluminum-Downlights/dp/B012ZOI44C/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1494950275&sr=8-27&keywords=dimmable+led+light+fixture+12v

Not all LEDs are dimmable. I would also assume you'd need a special switch. I did see a large package of under the cabinet lighting for kitchens, but didn't really look for just one per package.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Verna, They're baaaaack! =) Whew, dodged the wand & the "magic eraser" guy! Run, @Ratkity, run! =)
    Quick, scoop up 'yer crumbs & head fer the hills!
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    So, @ericnliz guess you'd better not get laryngitis and somehow incapacitate your fingers at the same time, huh? @Ratkity I can promise you this is going to be a lo-o-ong weekend!  Mind you, I'm not helping my cause here or anything... B)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I think it's going to be very quiet on the forum this weekend. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @Verna ... probably not too quiet since we will have cell service!  =)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options

@Verna ... probably not too quiet since we will have cell service!  =)

Bahahahahaha... never underestimate the determined, you know that V!!! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ha! Quiet weekend. .....Dreamers!  :D=)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Anybody got a shoehorn? :o I need to fit ONE more cooler in! :s ( And, NO, I'm not leavin' Liz home! ) ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited May 2017

ericnliz said:

Anybody got a shoehorn? :o I need to fit ONE more cooler in! :s ( And, NO, I'm not leavin' Liz home! ) ;)

This is when you take your backup card and look one more time for car top rails and baskets! Dad even has a front steel platform for his 4-Runner that has a little sink, a fish bait cutting board, pvc pipes to hold rods/reels and finally a place for a cooler and bait bucket!!! 

Edit: PS... the "Fish-mobile" is legendary!
  • Options
    @Ratkity, I WAS thinkin' about the front seat in the Avalanche, but Liz already put a "reserved" sign on it. :s
    I have a roof rack on my TV, BUT...the last time I "bungied" anything up there.....let's just say...... I "forgot" when I went through the drive-through at the fast food place........... :o
    Nuff said? :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @ericnliz  search Amazon for truck bed stretchers problem solved.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @Dalehelman, Is that anything like shoe stretchers? :D=)
    Ha, I did that, and all it showed was a picture of a BIGGER truck! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
    Nadine and I considered leaving the Kokanee beer behind to make more room, but we didn't want to see a grown man cry. aka @ericnliz

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options

ericnliz said:

@Ratkity, I WAS thinkin' about the front seat in the Avalanche, but Liz already put a "reserved" sign on it. :s
    I have a roof rack on my TV, BUT...the last time I "bungied" anything up there.....let's just say...... I "forgot" when I went through the drive-through at the fast food place........... :o
    Nuff said? :)

Well, there was this one time I had a '94 extended cab Chevy and was pulling the popup camper.... forgot ALL about the popup and went thru McD's drive thru... OMG.. Almost took out their ordering sign. Fortunately, no video cameras (this was eons ago). This was also the days before those hairpin drive thru runs they have today. Nothing was damaged except my ego. I'm not sure they had cameras to see if anyone was going through the drive thru either. No picts, so it didn't happen!!! Memories fade, ya know :wink:
  • Options
    @j_ntabowners, And, I want to thank you for helpin' out a well seasoned thirsty trooper!  =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Everybody be good to each other, have a good weekend, and we'll be thinkin' about 'ya while we're campin! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz said:

Everybody be good to each other, have a good weekend, and we'll be thinkin' about 'ya while we're campin! :)

Y'all be gud; and if ya kant be gud, be good at it. If ya kant be gud at it, dunt name it after me. :rofl:
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
     :o 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna, It's ok, she's just encourage-able =) !
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    LOL must be a Fambily-ism.... it's older than the hills and it's something we've always chimed in together after the 'rents would say "Now ya'll be good" (out of hearing range) when they'd leave for something or another.
  • Options
     ;) 
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    I had to come back to the forum to be with friends after viewing the vitriolic FB posts regarding the leaky T@B 400.  I was quite surprised and disappointed at the negative tone of the original post and the posts that quickly followed it.  It almost seems that there has been so many new T@B owners that buy a T@B and quickly dump it, or that don't understand, much less appreciate the individual components that make the T@B so special.  The T@B is small and cute, but it is not for everyone, and clearly not for the majority who are accustomed to a lot of space.  One poster complained that the T@B 400 should be as reliable as a mass produced Japanese auto; a comparison that confused me, as I remember well the Toyota acceleration problems that killed people and the never-ending safety recalls.  I wanted to shout that the T@B 400 is a new product, and it will experience some growing pains, but that the company will stand behind it, and will go above and beyond most others.  The thread was locked down, as T@B loyalists were getting testy.  Sigh.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,675
    edited May 2017
    For the most part, the Tab pages on FB are overwhelmingly positive.  That is the first "stupid" thread I've ever seen on any of the TAB/TAG pages.  And it really wasn't "that" bad.  Scott Hubble even was in there.....

PS: moderated FB pages are the only way to go!

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Welcome back gooselady!  I think having positive administrators and moderators has helped the forum members to keep their perspective.  Nothing is perfect, but having a company with an excellent philosophy and over the top customer service goes a long way.  Really, we took our Tab back in to have some mods done and we found that no one was around in the front reception area.  Turns out they were having a meeting and who shows up to give us a quickie tour of the factory floor - the CEO himself!  He would not take no for an answer (we didn't want him to be late to his meeting)!  Anyway, I have seen an unreasonable expectation for perfection in other areas too (like real estate).  No surprise some owners feel the need to scrap about ...whatever.  Welcome home.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Welcome home!!! Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, curl up in your favorite chair and set a spell. Relax and enjoy the banter and helpful hints to those who are new to this T@B world or who are the few having troubles and on the road. Mistakes happen. We are all human, even the person who is putting together a camper. Forgiveness is key and NüCamp and LG are both determined to make it right. I have never encountered such dedication. "Identify, fix, improve". It should be a registered trademark for them.
  • Options
    @Ratkity, Couldn't have said it any better me-self! ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Thanks, guys.  Just took the T@B out for the first time this year.  Just loved it.  Everything was worked and was spot on.  I'm just so thrilled with it, it is hurtful to hear about others that are unhappy with it.  One person even criticized the Alde system as over priced junk!  Sad.
  • Options
    Ok, Here's an idea for the ....shall we say....folks that have a REALLY tough time getting in to the wet bath. (I'm tall enough, it's takes a good SHAKE, WIGGLE, DUCK & DIVE to get in & out!) How about a pop-up weather proof SKY LIGHT!. After all, I'd MUCH rather be lookin' up at the stars than down at....ok, my knees! Ed, Marvin....could 'ya give it the 'ol retro-fit try? (PLEASE!!!!!!!!)  :s=)  =)=)=):D
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    HE's BAAACK! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

This discussion has been closed.