Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site! Part 2

Comments

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    That sounds/looks great, @TabulaRasa!  Kiptopeke is on our list of places we want to go, and Sep sounds like a good month, and the crabs should still be plentiful then.  I grew up spending summers in Annapolis, & still visit relatives up there - a big family of big crab eaters.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    Now THAT’s camping!  Love those mountains. Jealous!!!🤢🤢
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @DanManz- sounds like you just started a great new chapter in your lives!  Be sure to keep a journal of your travels :)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    @utahusker, beautiful pictures, but better for page loading if you resize them.  Thanks!

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/47/what-size-should-my-posted-forum-photos-be#latest

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    utahuskerutahusker Member Posts: 10
    @utahusker, beautiful pictures, but better for page loading if you resize them.  Thanks!

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/47/what-size-should-my-posted-forum-photos-be#latest

Apologies,. I'll size them appropriately in the future.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Brad42 I love Starve Hollow!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Managed to get up to San Simeon State Park near Cambria, Ca this week.  Close to San Simeon, Hearst Castle, the elephant seal viewing areas, and the beautiful beaches along the coast.  This is site 237 in the Washburn section of the State Park.  All the sites on the west side of the campground have views of the ocean to the west, and great views all around of the surrounding countryside.  The main section of the campground is nice, but kind of buried behind PCH.  No hookups, has a dump station.

I’ve camped there before too.  The coyotes kept me awake and there were some French travelers next to me and the guy came over pretty unnerved as coyotes tried running off with his cooler.  😂

Beautiful stretch of coastal highway running up to Big Sur and some plenty of wineries in the Cambria area.  The drive north from San Simeon is spectacular.  Did you tour Hearst Castle, see the Zebras, etc?  I drove up to Monterrey, camped at Leguna Secca Mazda Raceway and watched the sports cars running the track.  Used that as my base camp, did the 17 mile drive around the Monterrey peninsula (breath taking!), stopped off at the legendary Pebble Beach golf club, had dinner in Carmel (Clint Eastwood wasn’t Home) and drove further north to Crescent City and hiked back into some of the giant redwood forests along the Avenue of the Giants.  I’ll be back again one day as I lived the Oregon coastline and the Columbia River gourge and Mt Hood.  Aside from Alaska, that has to be one of the most beautiful drives in NA, short of Jasper, the Athabaskan ice fields, Lake Louise and the Canadian Rockies!  👍🏻❤️
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Went to my "Shakedown Event" this past weekend. Photos were too high res to post here (trying to follow the rules)

Rolled in to the site around 8:30 pm on Thursday and it took about 30 min or less from stopping to leveling, stabilizing and plugging in power etc.  Friday I needed to test out my "Side tent"

I do a medieval reenactment event in the summer and I'm supposed to hide/obscure the camper.. I'll be in a heavily wooded area and only need to hide it from the door side so folks don't see modern camper from the road... so this was a test of that

I had this 3 walled "cook shack" that is just the right width to completely block the side view.. so I just basically am going to use this a a side tent.

As you can see, from the door side angle, the tent pretty much totally obscures the camper .. that's all I need to keep folks happy.. I can move the tent in or out a bit depending on how much width I have on my spot (Tent measures 12'wide by 8' deep and has 6' wall posts.. just had to lift the ends up a tiny bit to get them over Binky

So, here's the view from inside.. it covers well.. I'm not worried about bugs so I dont need a tight fit.. mostly just want a small shaded area I can use as a "living room" to sit when it's raining and also as a bigger changing room... I'll put down some ground tarp and will likely put a bit of a fly over the back of Binky to make it so I can set up  a small wardrobe and a small table and other storage.

Hoever, the HUGE test for me was.. can I work remotely?? I extended my table a bit with keyboard/mouse tray c-clamped to the table and I got the JetPack and WeBoost all set up and my external monitor

VERDICT: I can totally comfortably do my job on the road so long as I have a good 4G connection... and preferably power so I can run the AC in the dead of summer... but IT'S GOOD!!
    A couple of thoughts. In hit sun, you can use that tent to shade the T@b. I am betting It will make quite a difference. Also, you won't miss the back as much if you can find dry air and higher elevations.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    @LisaTucson, please check your private messages.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Looks like a great site and campground, @LisaTucson.........we have reservations in the same campground next month.  It's nice to get an advance "look-see."
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    LisaTucsonLisaTucson Member Posts: 60
    @Bayliss, I see you’re from Tucson, too, so you know it’ll be heavenly up there compared to the valley. Enjoy!
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
    2016 T@B 320 S Outback ("Scout")
    TV: 2013 Lexus 450h
    "You never know when you're having good luck." ~ Unknown
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @LisaTucson, I intend to.  Thanks!
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    @LisaTucson, looks great, and I got a chuckle out of the "Greater Pewee".  That name seems to imply an even funnier sounding  "Lesser Pewee".  =)
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
    Topsail Preserve, off 30A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL.  First trip in our T@B 400 BDL.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @Blueespy- Nice first campout!!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    From my third trip in the first two weeks of having our new 2020 T@b400 BDL, Valley of the Gods, UT:

This is stunning! What are you shooting with?
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    b407driverb407driver Member Posts: 130
    edited June 2019
    Thank you! Canon 5Ds, Tamron 15-30/2.8; 8x2 pano (60x26" print at native res). Ambient light only (two different exposures, composited).
    2020 T@B400 Boondock Lite w/solar, TV is 2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD
    Jeff --Front Range of Colorado
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    I get a kick out of the differences in folks set ups.   We have the Glamping crowd,  carpets, canopys, window awning covers,   ice machines.    Then the minimalist,    

Middle of no where vs the middle of it all.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    ADRawliADRawli Member Posts: 199
    @DougH Howdy, from another North Texas T@bber!
    Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
    nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
    TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @ADRawli : Living in this area, we're just trying to get out there before it hits 110F next month.  Unlike T@bbers in Michigan we tend to camp more in fall, winter, spring... then do modifications or leave it in storage during the hottest months.  Nice tow vehicle by the way... I have my heart set on a Gladiator once the first model year issues are worked out.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

This discussion has been closed.